19

"We could've had dinner with the rest of the family," Kat told her dad as they ate their Christmas Eve dinner at a very expensive restaurant.

"We have our own little group while Grandma, Grandpa, Jack and Ben have theirs," Luke answered in a positive tone as he took another bite from his roast chicken. "...You're okay with that right?"

Kat nodded after thinking for a moment. "Yeah, I guess so." And the one-minute silence began again. The only noises that were echoing through the building were the clinking of dishes, utensils, wine glasses, and the buzzing chatter of happy families and friends.

"Let's not think about everyone else, and let's just focus on us," Luke suggested, seeing Kat with a frown and not a bright smile as usual. "What do you want for Christmas?"

"Did you forget to get me a gift or something?" Kat asked, looking at her dad and seeing his pursed lips and his guilty look.

"No. I got you...Something-"

"Something big I feel it happenin'" Kat interrupted her dad by singing the oh-so-famous Shawn Mendes tune, then asked for him to continue.

"I got you something."

"What did you get me?" Katianna asked. "I'll tell you what I got you if you tell me."

"I don't wanna say until you see it."

"But I hate surprises."

"But I don't like to spoil surprises."

"But I HATE surprises."

Luke took another couple bites of his food before swallowing and confessing, "I'm giving your phone back and I got you an iPad." An iPad. An iPad.

"You didn't have to dad-"

"What did you get me?" Luke shook off the fact that Kat was sometimes too grateful for whatever he got her. He knew that she deserved what she wanted because she had been one of the only people that made his life easier.

"I got you a guitar," Katianna smiled, behind the long blonde hair that swayed over her face as she looked down at her plate to eat. "I hope you like Cole Clark cus um..I was at the music store by myself and the guy there suggested that I get that guitar for you so.."

"It's fine," Luke smiled. "I actually used to play a Cole Clark guitar when I was 18, but I sold it."

"Why?"

"I just kinda lost interest in music and my family's money and income was like, stuck in the bottom for a couple months."

"Aw," Was all Katianna said, and the two finished up the rest of their food before Luke requested dessert. It was another whole hour before the two left and headed home to hit their heads on their pillows.

- - - - - -

Christmas Day

Katianna woke up to the smell of burning food, and in that same moment, she knew that her dad was trying to make a deluxe breakfast

"DAD, YOU DON'T HAVE TO COOK!" She yelled, knowing that there were thin walls in the apartment.

"BUT I WANT TO!" Luke yelled back, preparing another batch of cookies and pie. "I HAVE ALL OF THIS UNDER CONTROL!" Katianna shook her head, walking out of her bedroom and seeing her dad trying to keep the small fire that was growing from the pan, under control.

"We're gonna be evicted-" Kat walked up to her dad and pushed him out of the way, putting the fire down by turning the heat off and removing it from the heat source. "- If you don't let me help you."

"Oh, thank you," Luke thanked, turning to the batter and following the instructions on his iPhone. "Maybe I don't have this under control."

"You can't cook dad," Katianna shook her head, dumping the well-burnt food in the garbage.

"But it's not like you can."

"I take foods classes everyday," The girl put the pan in the sink, letting the cold water and soap wash it. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do."

"I'm sorry," Kat's dad apologized. "I didn't mean it that way."

"It's fine," Kat shrugged, not bothered by anything.

- - -

After the not-so-perfect breakfast, Kat decided that the two of them should open their presents.

"Hm," Luke stood infront of the tree, seeing a big shaped..Thing wrapped in Santa Claus-hatted penguin wrapping paper. "I wonder what I got."

"I wonder what this is..." Kat picked up a thick, rectangular box wrapped in penguin wrapping paper as well. "Is this Shawn merchandise?"

"Who knows," Luke shrugged. He then dug his nail in a badly-wrapped part of the present and tore the paper up, exposing a guitar case. "Oh! A guitar! How thoughtful of you Kat. Thank you!"

Katianna then tore the paper apart, exposing the box of an iPad Mini 4. "Oh my god, dad! Thanks so much!" Once she opened the box (which wasn't taped anymore for some reason,) there laid an iPhone 5 inside, along with the iPad itself. "I love you so much dad, thank you thank you thank you!" She put the box down and hugged the only parent in her life.

"I love you too, Katy cat."

A/N They're father-and-daughter goals omfg

- I feel like most of the chapters in this book ends the same way, so I'll try to change the endings, maybe with cliffhangers or sad events, idk.

- Vote? Comment? You can make my day :D

- Btw, what are your thoughts on Arzaylea and Luke? I just don't like her tbh. Sorry if you think otherwise.

- I'M A CAKE GIRL AND ITS SO HARD FOR ME CUS HALF OF MY FEELS ARE CAUSING ME TO CRYYY