About the Author/Acknowledgements

Okay, so, I freely acquiesce that it's been way more than a week since I finished HoD7. In all technicality, it's been over three weeks. I'm really sorry for the delay on everything, but life has been ridiculously busy since I wrapped the book up (thank goodness I was able to, at least), and every time I sat down and tried to work on this the way I was originally planning to do this, some sort of tech idiocy happened and I wasn't able to get it to work.

At first, I was planning on doing this thing as a video/blog post sort of a thing, but all my recordings have had major issues, such as horrible audio quality, bad lighting, or simply being too big of a file to do anything with (which is what happened whenever I tried to film from my iPhone instead of my laptop.) Basically, I'm giving up on that idea and just sticking to the old-fashioned written word. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to kinda "introduce" myself to you guys as the About the Author this time like I was hoping to, but life happens sometimes. ;^^ Maybe I can eventually do a short blog post thingy for Songs and Poems and Stories etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Anyway, I got three Ask An Author questions (which were gonna be answered in the video), all from Aura_Blaze. I'm gonna go ahead and answer those here.

1: What inspired you to start writing, fanfiction especially? (I apologize if the questions are phrased differently from what you asked, my Loftwing friend; I'm doing this from memory.)

Answer: What inspired me to start writing at all, was that from when I was born up until I was three and a half, I lived like less than a mile from Scholastic Publishing headquarters. Everyone in the area worked for Scholastic, pretty much, so they were always getting free picture books and everybody in the neighborhood had picture books coming out of their ears, so all the local garage sales had picture books for almost literally a dime a dozen. Anyway, I grew up reading those books, most of which I still own today somewheres in my house. Every time we went to visit my dad at work (he was an accountant in those days, not a pastor), we drove past the Scholastic building. One time when I was two, I told my mom I was gonna grow up and write books for them. Pretty much ever since then, I've known I want to be a fiction writer.

What inspired me to start writing fanfiction is more complicated. Basically, I've kinda been writing fanfiction ever since I was about that age, only it was more like I role-played it then wrote it. Every single fandom I've ever been in, pretty much, I've created an OC for (usually just an alternate version of myself, yes, yes, laugh at my self-inserts and Mary Sues, bleh) so I could role-play, either in our backyard with my brothers/sister (although I didn't have them yet when I first started), with my stuffed animals and dolls, or by myself in my head when I couldn't sleep at night (although it was a heck of a lot better when I was little, I've pretty much always been an insomniac). The first fanfiction writing project I ever started, which never got past two chapters scribbled in a notebook along with my math problems, was a really pathetic Sonic story called the "Flutter Fox Diaries," which was about my OC Kim "Flutter" Prower's (Tail's twin sister) adventures she went on while the others were all off having their adventures from the cartoon shows. She was definitely a Mary Sue who had way too many magical powers (based on her emotions, so she had to be stoic or risk blowing something up with her volatile Mary Sueness), but she never actually ended up going anywhere story-wise, so hey. I actually once thought about writing a comic about the mental adventures I used to go on with her, only to end up completely disowning her when a "friend" basically ripped me, my personality, and everything I liked to shreds when I was about twelve and essentially turned most of my personality off for over a year. From there in the comic, it was going to be Flutter alone in my head, wanting to cheer me up but not knowing how, and then eventually, Sakura showing up and taking her place as my "imaginary friend of sorts," Flutter being jealous and attempting to get rid of Sakura every way she could think of, only to eventually realize that her turn in the spotlight really was over and it was time to let Sakura have the place of the leading lady, basically. All this was going to be done only through pictures, no speech or thought bubbles. (Yes, I did watch Inside Out about the time I thought of this. So sue me. XD) Anyway, I thought the idea was dumb/boring, and I really can't draw worth a Shotzo, especially since I'm out of practice again, so I ditched it.