Before

It was a cold dark night and Lisa could she the shadows of the trees through her window. With only the moon for light every creature in the forest around Lisa's home were frightened as well.
    All of the owls, crickets, toads and other animals were being eerily quiet in the darkness. It was as if they were being hushed. All of a sudden Lisa heard a faint scraping sound. Her body tensed in her bed. The story Caleb had told her earlier was the only thought in her mind. She didn't want to die.
     After a few minutes the sound stopped and Lisa began to relax. Her breathing the only sound in the darkness. She became so relaxed that she could barely keep her eyes open.
I should go check on Caleb, she thought as her eyes closed for the night.

□●●●□

     Lisa was awoken not by the sunshine for there was none yet. Or not by the sounds of chirping birds because the animals were still silent. She was startled awake by the sound of screaming. It was Caleb! Caleb was screaming!
     "Caleb I'm coming!" Lisa screamed across the small house. She jumped out of bed and started towards his room. Then a black shadow engulfed Lisa. She knew now exactly what was happening. It was just like the story.
     She tried to move and found she couldn't even turn her head. Then the screaming stopped and Lisa could move again. She ran as fast as she could to Caleb's room.
     The room looked neater than ever. The bed made, the shelves cleaned, clothes put into his trunk and a spotless floor. The only thing wrong with the room was that Caleb was not in it.

Who is Caleb and where did he go? Is he the reason Lisa went on that journey? And what story did he tell and is it the reason he's gone? Again if you enjoyed this chapter show it some love. And if I left you with more questions than answers, stay tuned. And until next time ❤❤❤