Chapter 1

Anakin's POV

"Master, I do believe you mean Obi-Wan, correct?" Asked Anakin, as he walked down the Jedi corridor with Obi-Wan and master Yoda.

Yoda chuckled. "No, I do not mean Master Kenobi. You, " he paused, turning to me and poking me in the chest with his gimer stick. "You are getting a new padawan. This girl, her master had died an unfortunate death, and she is in need of a new master. Need her, you do. Need you, she does."

I sighed. There was no way I could get another padawan, especially what happened with Ahsoka. "Master Yoda, what if I mess up again? I can't--"

"Anakin, " Obi-Wan sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. I spun around to face him, only to meet his expressionless face. "I have total faith in you. There is a reason we're assigning you another padawan. We wouldn't if we didn't trust you."

Yeah right, I thought. The Council has, and never will trust me.

"Besides, you both have a lot in common, " chuckled Obi-Wan, crossing his arms.

Yoda chuckled too, folding his hands on his gimer stick. "Yes, yes indeed. Get along, you both will."

I rolled my eyes. "Just because we might have something in common, doesn't mean we're going to be the best of friends."

Obi-Wan furrowed his eyebrows. "Well you and I have hardly anything in common, yet we're good friends."

"That's only because I was basically forced to hang out with you, " I mumbled, crossing my arms.

Yoda laughed.

I turned around to face him. "What's so funny?"

He whacked Obi-Wan with his gimer stick, which I laughed at, but soon regret it after he whacked me with it. "Funny, the both of you are. Come, meet her, we must."

"Hey, I never agreed to take on another padawan!" I groaned, rubbing my leg where Yoda had hit me.

"You're agreeing now, " chuckled Obi-Wan, patting my shoulder

---

Your POV

You smoothed down your black Jedi robe that covered your black robe which was cut short, to make your appearance more female. You had white pants tucked under your robe, and into solid black boots. Over your robe was your Jedi belt, which kept all of your belongings, which included your lightsaber.

You currently sat in your Jedi starfighter, running your hands all over the controls, trying to memorize which control did what. Not too long ago you had just gotten done with a flight training session with master Plo-Koon. Since you didn't have a master, there were many filling in trying to train you.

"(Y/N), " you heard your name being called, and you snapped your head to where the voice was coming from.

You saw three Jedi walking towards you. The group consisted of Master Yoda, and Master Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker.

You rose an eyebrow, calling the Force to you, helping you jump out of the cockpit, and on to the ground, dusting yourself off.

"Marvelous entrance if I say so myself, " chuckled Master Kenobi. He held out his hand for you to shake.

"Thanks, I try my best, " you replied, smirking, then clasped your hand with Obi-Wan's, shaking it.

"Pleasure to meet you. And I am terribly sorry about your master, " he apologized, moving his arms behind his back.

You sighed, nodding. You still missed your master. He was the one who found you and brought you to the Jedi Council, asking for you to be accepted. You were brought in late, over the age at which you were supposed to be, and the Council wasn't having it. He was the one who fought for you until you were accepted in. "It's alright. He is with the Force now, that is all that matters."

Obi-Wan smiled smugly, then turned around to glance at Anakin. Anakin didn't seem to be having it, so he sarcastically smiled back at him, crossing his arms. "Well, we've come to help you with your master issue, because at the moment you don't have one, correct?"

You nodded.

"Well, I would like to introduce you to your new master, Anakin Skywalker, " Obi-Wan stepped out of the way, gesturing to the man behind him.

Your heart stopped. You were surprised in fact.  Why is The Chosen One going to be training me? You thought, your brain trying process all of this new information. Nevertheless, you smiled and stuck out your hand for him to shake, grasping his firm mechanical hand, which you thought was kind of weird.

"I'll be looking forward to training under you, Master Skywalker."

He smirked, crossing his arms again. "I'll be looking forward to working with you too, then."

---

It was later in the day, and you were in the Jedi Archives helping Jocasta Nu sort data files.

"Madame?" You asked her while punching in a code to a terminal.

"Yes (Y/N)?" She replied, her kind, old gaze met yours.

You had wondered about Anakin. He seemed like a hidden person. He was good at what he did, but when he talked to people, he was always very shy and closed off. The only time that he wasn't shy, was when he was on the battlefield; well, that's what you heard anyway.

"Anakin Skywalker... Is he... Really full of bravado and arrogance?" You asked, pursing your lips together. Those were other traits of Anakin, at least from stories.

Jocasta Nu laughed, throwing her head back, then nodded. "Oh dear, how I hate to admit it, yes, he is full of both of those things..."

"But...?"

"But he is very smart, and he is very skilled--way beyond his years. And I believe he would make an excellent master. Ahsoka loved him, " she paused as if to reminisce. "And I believe you would too." She smiled at you, then bowed her head, excusing herself.

You stood there for a second, wondering about him. You pursed your lips together in thought, telling yourself that it might work out between you two.

Yeah, you thought. It might. It just might.