Chapter 6

Anakin's POV

If I'm going to be honest, I had no clue about these Sith temples. Well, I heard they existed, but I didn't know they were still around. The history books in the archives only stated that several had been destroyed, and hardly any had survived. When I was assigned to this mission, I thought I was going on a wild goose chase. It seems I was wrong.

I sighed and pulled out my holoprojector to see if the two dots we're moving again, and to my surprise, they were.

"Well they're moving, " I observe, watching the two dots move quite rapidly. "They're moving quickly. We need to move now, and figure out where we're heading."

(Y/N) nodded and shrugged. "If only we could figure out which way to turn, that would be great, " she mumbles. I chuckle at her sarcastic remark and cross my arms before thinking about where to go to. Wherever it was, it had to be fast.

Anakin

"Huh?" I turned to (Y/N), confused. "Did you say something?"

She shakes her head. "No, why?"

I blinked. I swore I heard my name. "Oh. I just thought you asked-"

Anakin.

There it was, that voice. This time I was looking at (Y/N), and her mouth hadn't moved an inch.

I turned to my right, where I heard the voice coming from, and saw the long and dark corridor as if it were waiting for me. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. The voice was soft and feminine, and very calming.

"Who are you?" I said out loud, grabbing on to my lightsaber. I started walking to the right corridor, moving very slowly.

"Master? Are we going this way? And who are you talking-"

"Shush!" I snap. I didn't want her interfering with this voice I heard. It was all too familiar. I motioned for (Y/N) to follow me, and so she followed suit.

Do you not remember me? After everything we've been through? You don't remember me?

My eyes slowly reverted to the floor as the familiarity of the voice suddenly come flooding to my head.

"Mom?"

Yes, Ani, my poor boy. I miss you so much, you know?

"Master? What's going on?" (Y/N) asks warily, while clutching on to her lightsaber.

"My mom... She seems to be speaking to me through the Force..." I say cautiously, while still walking through the dark corridor, keeping my head level.

Surely there was an explanation for this. Why was she reaching out to me? And how was she doing it? Unless it wasn't her. It couldn't have been.

"No... You're not real. You can't be!"

But I am, Ani! I am!

"No! You aren't! This has to be some sort of mind game the Sith are playing, " I retort back into the empty void that sat in front of me.

"Master! I think we should leave."

I snap to (Y/N)'s statement, as I realize she's right. I can't sit around and fiddle with this any longer. It seems that I have to ignore the voices. "You're right. Let's go (Y/N). "

I put my mental shields up this time and walked to the end of the corridor, still cautious with (Y/N) walking beside me.

"So your mother... You knew her?" (Y/N) asks, as she looks up at me.