Chapter One

Lynxpaw's POV

I glared at the mouse infront of me. The cold night air sending shivers down my spine. I leapt, claws outstretched. The mouse spotted me quickly, scampering away. I gave chase, I wasn't going to let this mouse here be the cause of another cat dieing. I crushed the mouse's spine with my paws. "Got you!" I mewled to the dead mouse. I am going insane? I thought. I walked to camp, the mouse hanging from my jaws. I just spotted sick cats roaming around. Shadownose collapsed into a coughing fit. Water bubbling up in his eyes. "Ca-n-'t BREATH!" He weased before sprawling himself out on the floor. Hollowstripe was out collecting catmint and Palelight was meant to be watching for cats getting sick. But no cat could see her. Snowstar quickly spotted me. "Go get Palelight!" "Now!" I dropped the mouse letting it roll down the camp entrance. I sniffed, and tasting the air and I could find her scent faintly. My nose was beginning to get clammy. I ran in the direction. Only to find her. Nuzzling deep into Moonpelt's fur. "Uhhh... P-Palelight?" I stammered. Moonpelt bolted as Palelight flicked her tail for him to go. I just ran back to camp. Stumbling the whole way. "Lynxpaw! Wait let me explain." She yewled chasing me. I came back her on my heels. But we were to late, Shadownose's dead body was on the ground. Hollowstripe was beside him, a pile of herbs thrown across the ground. Copperwing reared up lightly. "I told you not to send him to the gathering, he should of rested." He growled his tail resting slowly on Shadownose's shoulder. Snowstar eyes flashed with anger but returned to normal. "Leader's word is code! You do what I say!" She growled. Copperwing just stared back, "Leader's word is code!" He mimcked. "I can get cats killed and no one gives a fox-dung!! Yay!" I found it hard stiffling my laugh and made it sound like a yawn. "I'm sick of this!" He growled storming out of camp. Snowstar had no regret in her eyes. "Brother, No brother no difference we're all going to die anyway!" She hissed darkly turned tails into the leaders den. Shadownose's body just lay their no one touching it. Apart from Hollowstripe's tail tip which she respectly moved. She glanced around. "Someone bury the body, I don't have time for a vigil." She hissed whisking her tail quickly away and followed the leader. I heard cats murmuring about the problem that had just occurred. "We moved to this territory a moon age! I didn't expect problems already!" I heard Icepaw's mewl sound. Then she turned to Palelight. "Where were you!? None of this would ever happen if you just didn't leave!" She hissed. Palelight shook her head silently. "He was too weak, Starclan knew when his time was and thats the time we got." She mewled walking off. "Argh!" Icepaw growled storming away. I just looked around stunned. How are we going to survive this? I'll give you a hint. We aren't.