CHAPTER 9

------KAYLAS POV-------
I head to the door and open it to see  the whole boys baseball team wishing us good luck tomorrow at our early game. They had one at 8:00 and I had one at 11:00. They didn't walk in because it was the whole team and they weren't supposed to be over here. We thanked them and they went to our other teammates dorms. The girls and I then went to sleep and woke up at 7:25 because we were going to the watch the boys game. We all throw on our free t-shirts some running shorts, nike elites and some slides. We exit our dorms and see Katie. Ugh, she is on our softball team, and she came late because she was on vacation. She is the one who breaks our team apart and she bullies us.
"Hello" she shouts
"Hey" I respond back trying In my nicest way
"Where are you girls going?" She asks
"To watch the mid-Atlantic boys game" Kenzie responds
"Oh really, Any cute boys for me to date" she asks with a smirk
"Well, all of them are cute" Riley says blushing
"Well then, I'll meet all you girls down there when I get my dorm and finish unpacking" she says with a fake smile
"See you there" Says Lyndsey
We head down and ugh we can't believe she showed up we thought she wasn't going to make it because of vacation but she always finds a way.
We head down and sit in the bleachers above the boys dugout. They are warming up.
Then the coaches gather for the coin flip and the game begins.They are home and I see Jaden jog out to shortstop, Braden at second and Cole at first. Then Chayton was pitching. They get out of the first inning with no runs scored against but they end up scoring two in that inning. The next inning they let in none and score 11. Then they let in 1 one and score 4 more. The 4th inning they give up none and score 2. They mercy rules them and will continue in the same bracket. They all go crazy and so do we. Then they shake hands and we see Katie enter the bleachers.
"Hey Girls" she says
She is wearing shorts that show her butt and a crop top that is was too much and some flip flops. Let me just say that outfit was not okay for a LLWS game. The boys head back to the dugout and Jaden Waves. I wave back.
"Who is that cutie?" She asks with a smirk
"That's Kayla's Boyfriend" responds Kenzie with a straight face
"Why would he date someone like you? He is way out of your league!" She shouts
"He is dating me because he likes girls who are actually nice and supportive to there friends, unlike you!" I scream and walk away
"Ha" she snickers and meets with Jaden after the game
I watch from a distance and Kenzie tells me what she says.
"Hey Cutie" Katie says
"I'm taken" Jaden says annoyed
"By who?" Katie asks
"Kayla, that beautiful girl over there" he says as he points at me and smiles
I smile back.
"Ew. Why would you date her?" Katie says
"Why do you think I'd date someone like you" he says
I hear the boys shouting roasted and stuff like that. Katie hands him paper giving her number. Jaden rips it up and throws it away. He walks over to me.
"Are you okay?, And who is that girl?" He questioned me
"Well I'm fine just a little upset, and that's Katie she plays for us..." I whimper
"She's and asshole, I'm sorry for what she said to you. Don't let it get to you. Your perfect and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." He says
"Thanks Jaden, I wouldn't want to be with any one else either" I smile
"Well, better head back to the dorms you have to get ready for your game" he says
We walk back and head to our dorms. The girls are already getting ready so I hurry up and put on my uniform and get my hair braided like the others. Then we grab our equipment and head to the dugout. I'm nervous for the game and of course Katie shows up.
"Ha. You better actually hit today and do something useful" she smirks
"She's the best player we got. Katie." Riley says
"Check the stats once in a while or just snap back to life" Lyndsey says
"Your no longer on vacation" Kaylee shouts
Katie snickers and heads out to warm up and so do the rest of us.
"Thanks we standing up for me!" I say
"No problem" they respond
I throw we Kenzie and then we take infield and outfield. Jaden and all of the boys have signs for each one of us. Which I thought was super sweet. We finish warming up and it's time for the coin flip, we are home. I jog out to shortstop. Kaylee is pitching. We get out of the inning with no one runs scored against us. We score 5 runs and I go yard. We head out and hold them again. We score 4 more then hold them again. We then score 6 but let them score twice. It's the third inning and we mercy ruled them so the game was over. WE WON!! We shake hands and pack up our stuff. We meet up with the boys after the game.
"Nice game Kayla" says Jaden
"Thanks!" I say
He hugs me and they all say awhhhhh.
Then we all talk and we decide to go to campfire and camp out since are game wasn't tomorrow.