Chapter Fifteen

Woooo! Chapter fifteen! This is going by pretty fast. It's kind of good, but kind of bad, too. I just love this story so much. I wanted to tell you all that I officially started Driver's Ed today, and long story short, there is a lot of work involved because the whole course is packed into like two weeks. Gross. I'll still be updating long chapters, they might just take an extra day or so.This chapter was strongly influenced by Macklemore's Same Love, which is in the multimedia. Now blow up this chapter with Ziall and Larry love. xx

~*~Zayn~*~

Niall and I had been packing our suitcases for the last hour or so. While mine had been relatively light, Niall had added some of his things to it that I could borrow. He wouldn’t tell me what they were, which only sparked my curiosity even more. He had taken the bag and set it off to the side to make sure I didn’t try to peek in it. Now he was hovering over his own suitcase, one arm pressed to it while his free hand tried to work the zipper. I was on the other side of the case, watching in amusement as he tried his hardest to close it.

“Need help?” I offered for what had to be the fifth time.

Just as he had replied the other four times, he sighed loudly and shook his head. “I got it.” He mumbled. Just like that, he went back to using the same exact technique as before. It didn’t seem to work in the slightest, but I could only watch and let him handle it.

It was kind of last minute packing. The last day and a half had been spent with each other doing whatever we felt like. Today, for example, had been spent by driving around aimlessly. Niall had literally driven around and gotten lost, but after about three hours, we finally came across a few people who had given us directions back. I didn’t even care that we had no idea where we were. It was kind of embarrassing when I admitted to him that I had never driven a car before, but he had just laughed it off and promised he would teach me one day. That was the bad part about having run away at such an early age – you couldn’t do the things that most people the same age could do easily.

A familiar chiming sound made me look up at Niall, who only made an annoyed face and threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. “Fine! You do it! I’ll go answer the door.” As he walked past me, I reached out and tousled his hair. He scowled and slapped my hand away before leaving my sight.

I could have sworn that it would have been Liam or Harry at the door, but when I thought about it, they really wouldn’t have knocked. There was a loud slamming sound followed by a squeak of pain, and as Niall came pouting back, I recognized irritability and disbelief in the ocean-colored eyes. My hands froze on the zipper of the bag even though it was only halfway up. He didn’t even focus on it again. Instead, he sat on the edge of the bed and put his head in his hands, running his fingers through his hair. It only messed the blonde strands up more, but he didn’t seem to care.

I awkwardly moved so I could sit close to him. “Who was it?” I asked, rubbing his thigh. He turned his head, gazing up at me. A scowl immediately spread over his face.

“Fucking Louis! He wants to talk, but I slammed the door before he could come in. Twat.” He straightened up and set his head against my shoulder. I looked down at him in surprise.

“But… he’s one of your best mates.”