Chapter 17: Shredding Tears Through Goodbyes

OMG! The title of this chapter makes me wanna start bawling!!! This chapter is kind of a filler but in order to get the new characters to fit I need to take one out of Lauren's life. So dun dun dun here is the chapter that everyone's been waiting for:...

SHREDDING TEARS THROUGH GOODBYES

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ADD TO READING LIST

###

Lauren's POV

I was walking home after receiving the text from Christina and singing this song:

"There is a castle on a cloud,

I like to go there in my sleep,

Aren't any floors for me to sweep,

Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a room that's full of toys,

There are a hundred boys and girls,

Nobody shouts or talks too loud,

Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a lady all in white,

Holds me and sings a lullaby,

She's nice to see and she's soft to touch,

She says "Cosette, I love you very much."

I know a place where no one's lost,

I know a place where no one cries,

Crying at all is not allowed,

Not in my castle on a cloud."

~~~

That song is so beautiful. It took me to my own world when Rebecca framed us. As I'm walking down the sidewalk, I hear a voice mockingly say from behind,

"You can't sing that song, we can." then two scratchy voices singing. I start to grin. Those rascals! I turn around to see Brittany and Caitlin Delaney. They are twins and Dani's closest friends besides Elli of course, but she's all the way in NorCal. I smirk at them and grinned.

"Hey guys. Listen, I have to get home aysap and I have no idea why. I'll have Dani text you later if you guys wanna hang out."

"Sure!"

"We'd love to!" They both nearly shout at the same time. That's the thing with them. Neither of them are introverts. They are both crazy, hyper, loud, and weird (in a good way) just like Dani. I grin at them and continue walking/jogging/running to my house.

"There you are!" Katherine says when I walk through the front door. I'm surprised to see Angela and her family are sitting on the couch while all the kids in my family are on the floor and my parents standing up.

"Honey, we have some news that you're not going to like." Mom says. I gulp. Uh oh!

"Angela, why don't you tell Lauren up in her room." Dad adds in. I look to my best friend who's trembling and holding back tears. Ruefully, she takes my hand and leads me to my room leaving me totally confused and full of wonder. Once we are safely in my room and the door is closed, she sits down on my bed.

"Laur bear," Angie starts calling me my childhood nickname, "remember when you and your family moved down here my dad got a job as a teacher here too?" I nod. "Well, uhh." she seemed to have trouble saying it.

"Oh for pete's sake just say it!" she looks at me and tears form in her brown orbs.

"My dad got fired and got a job in Northern Cali. He got fired about a month ago and was hired last week. We're leaving tomorrow. I'm so sorry Laur! I should have told you but my parents forbid me to tell anyone and even when I asked if I could tell you they refused. They did tell your parents but I guess they didn't tell you either. I'm such a horrible best friend!" tears are now pouring down her cheeks and onto her black lace Forever 21 top.

I just sat there speechless. My best friend... is leaving to go back to our hometown. Back to Elli, back to where we met, back to the old town. We both were silent, but for the first time since we've met each other, it was awkward silence.

"Oh come here!" I exclaim and hug her tight. I want this hug to last forever.

~~~Next Morning Still in Lauren's Point of View~~~

My alarm clock wakes me up. It's the day. The day when Angie's leaving. Last night they stayed for dinner and the two of us talked and talked for literally 4 hours nonstop until they left at around 11:00 p.m. My parents are letting Dani, Amy, and me skip school today to recover from the Maleks leaving. I quickly get up and dress, brushing my hair and doing my usual makeup routine. [Check Chapter 2 for the routine if you don't remember].

Just as I'm finish up, the doorbell rings. Angie's here for her last goodbye. I run downstairs and fling the door open.

"Lauren... can't... breathe!" I hear gasps and see Angela trying to breathe as I'm squeezing her so tight. After more hugs from my family and hers, they walk back to their house where I can see a giant moving van ready to bring all their things away. I just stand there looking stunned for I never thought this would happen. Tears cascade down my cheeks and I call the one person I know that can comfort me right now.

SIMON BERKLEY.

A/N: So here is Chapter 17!! I know I kept saying 16 but I labeled two chapters 14 so I had to change it. Everyone was commenting on the last chapter for me to update but it took me a while to write this even thought it's kinda short. Two more characters were introduced!!!! Brittany @Eyeball1402 and Caitlin @Glee1402!!!!! They both have gotten dedications already, so I'll think of something for them.

You guys are amazing and I love you all!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ADD TO READING LIST