UNLEASH THE MAGIC

IT WAS THE LAST DAY OF THE FRIENDSHIP GAMES. THE PRINCIPALS WERE GIVING A JOINT SPEECH....OR RATHER, THEY WERE DEBATING. TWILIGHT WAS STRUGGLING WITH HER DEVICE. SPIKE POPPED OUT OF HER BAG. 'EVERYTHING OKAY TWILIGHT ?' HE ASKED 'NO SPIKE. THIS MAGIC'S GETTING TOO MUCH OUT OF CONTROL. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.' INDIGO ELBOWED SUNNY 'LOOK !' SHE WHISPERED. THE GIRLS INCLUDING SOUR SWEET, SUGARCOAT AND LEMON TURNED TO TWILIGHT. RAYS OF MAGIC ESCAPED HER DEVICE. 'DO YOU THINK SHE...' SOUR SWEET BEGAN 'SHE DOES. NOW LET'S GO TELL PRINCIPAL CINCH ABOUT IT. 

PRINCIPAL CINCH, ON SEEING THE GIRLS NEAR THE WINGS, EXCUSED HERSELF. 'WHAT IS IT ?' SHE ASKED. 'IT'S TWILIGHT.WE THINK SHE HAS MAGIC.' SUNNY SAID. 'HMM. WELL THEN, BRING HER TO ME. I'LL BE WAITING IN THE FRONT COURTYARD. WE'LL TALK TO HER ABOUT THAT MATTER.' PRINCIPAL ABACUS CINCH REPLIED. 'AND SOON WE'LL HAVE MAGIC AT CRYSTAL PREP.TWILIGHT ONLY HAS TO..' SOUR SWEET PUFFED UP HER FINGERS TO LOOK LIKE A FLOWER.'..LET IT GO.'

THE FIVE GIRLS WALKED UP TO AND SURROUNDED TWILIGHT. INDIGO SIGNALED HER TO FOLLOW THEM. THE SIX WALKED AWAY FROM THERE. SUNSET AND THE OTHER RAINBOOMS SAW THEM AND DECIDED TO FOLLOW THEM. ONCE THE SHADOWBOLTS REACHED THERE, TWILIGHT SPOKE, 'WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE ? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ?' THE SHADOWBOLTS PARTED AND REVEALED PRINCIPAL CINCH, WHO IMMEDIATELY BROKE INTO A SONG :

[Principal Cinch]

I realize that you've always been an outcastIt's not everyone at school who likes to thinkTo find a student that's like youI've had one or maybe twoBut the good ones disappear before I blink

[Students]

(Oh, oh, wuh-oh-wuh

Oh,oh, Oh oh wuh-oh-wuh)

[Principal Cinch]

Now, I understand you have your reservations (Oh-wuh)It's hard to have a brain as large as yours (Oh-oh-oh-oh)But if we don't win these gamesWell, I think I've made it plainWhat will happen if we have the losing scores![Students](Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, ohOh, wuh-oh-wuh)Unleash the magicUnleash the magicIf we lose, then you're to blame (ah, ah-ah-ah)They all have used itMaybe abused it (ah-ah-ah)So then why can't we do the same?(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, ohOh, wuh-oh-wuh)[Principal Cinch]Call it power, call it magic,If we lose, it will be tragicMore important is the knowledge we'll have lost (Oh-oh-oh-oh)A chance like this won't come againYou'll regret not giving inIsn't understanding magic worth the cost?[Students](Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, ohOh, wuh-oh-wuh)Unleash the magicUnleash the magicWe're not friends here after allOur only interestIn this business (ah-ah-ah)Is seeing Canterlot High School fall(Oh, wuh-oh-wuh, ohOh, wuh-oh-wuh)[Principal Cinch]What I'm suggesting's very simpleAnd since it's win-win on all scoresWe only want to learn about theMagic that you have storedAnd as for me and all the othersWe only want what we deserveThat our school will clinch the winAnd my...

[Principal Cinch and students]

...legacy will endure

[Students]

Unleash the magicUnleash the magicIf we lose, then it's a crimeBut we can win itIf you begin it (ah-ah-ah)It's up to you to not fail this time[Principal Cinch]Unleash the magic, free the magic now[Female students]Unleash the magic, free the magic now[Sci-Twi]Imagine all I'll learn by setting it freeVice Principal Luna: If both teams are ready...

[Sci-Twi]

Now winning these games depends on meAnd what doors might open if I try to use itDean Cadance: ...the last event of the Friendship Games begins...[Sci-Twi]But the magic's really what I want to seePuppy Spike: Twilight, no!!

Unleash the magic, free the magic now
Unleash the magic, free the magic...Unleash the magic, free the magic...

[All]

Now!

BY THIS TIME, THE RAINBOOMS HAD ARRIVED AT THE SCENE, TWILIGHT'S CURIOSITY OVERCAME HER AND SPIKE HAD REVEALED HIMSELF. TWILIGHT TOOK THE DEVICE IN HER HAND AND OPENED IT. THE MAGIC INSIDE FLOODED ALL AROUND HER AND SHE WAS SURROUNDED BY A DEEP VIOLET AURA. THE AURA AND TWILIGHT RAISED INTO THE SKY. SUNSET GASPED,'I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.' ''CAUSE THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENED, YOU WERE IN PLACE OF HER.'RAINBOW SAID. SUNSET TURNED TO RAINBOW WITH A 'WHAT DID YOU SAY ?' KIND OF LOOK. 'NEVERMIND.' RAINBOW REPLIED. BY NOW, THE MOST OF CHS AND THE REST OF THE SHADOWBOLT'S TEAM MEMBERS WERE AT THE COURTYARD. FINALLY, THE LIGHT CLEARED OUT AND THERE WAS A DEMON WITH LONG HAIR TIED UP IN A PONY TAIL, COLOURS SIMILAR TO TWILIGHT'S, A DRESS RESEMBLING THE STARRY NIGHT SKY, A BLUE MASK AND VIOLET COLOURED PHOENIX-LIKE WINGS.

'TWILIGHT ? IS THAT YOU ?' SOUR SWEET ASKED IN A LOW VOICE.

'PARDON ME ?' THE DEMON REPLIED IN A DEEP BROKEN KIND OF VOICE.'TWILIGHT SPARKLE WAS IN THE PAST. I AM MIDNIGHT. MIDNIGHT SPARKLE ! MWAHAHAHAHAHA !!'