19~Epilogue

Julia came back one day, four weeks after our arguement. I'd missed her so much, but I never went to look for her. I figured she wouldn't want to talk to me after the way I treated her.
"Ponyboy, I-I'm sorry. I never meant to upset you or talk bad about your brother. I just...I don't know..." I cut her off with my lips and we kissed, there in my kitchen. Darry was gone and I wasn't worried about Soda coming so I just focused on Julia. Everything was about her.
It was the longest we'd ever kissed.
"It's okay." I told her, holding her close to me.
~~
Sodapop started to accept that he had to live without his leg. He started to accept our help and slowly, his happiness came back, along with his movie star looks. He was just as handsome as I'd remembered.
When I turned fifteen, I was able to help Darry work a day a week and earned my own money to help pay the bills. Seeing both of my brothers do so well made me happier than I'd been in a long time. The three of us smiled easily together and we laughed and made jokes all the time.
Julia moved in with us even though she'd been living here for a while. We fought sometimes, but always ended up laughing after.
The gang was all dead, but it didn't make me as sad anymore. I realized that every single one of them died to protect others. Even Dally died gallantly.
I'll never forget them.