[.chapter.sixteen.]

Parker's smile widen as he bounced on my bed. He opened his arms wide and I didn't hesitate to throw myself into them. I buried my face in his neck and cried. The soft click of the door closing signaled Drew's exit. Parker whispered calming words, his breath blew my hair softly. "I've missed you so much," I muttered into his collar bone. He pulled me up into his lap and rubbed calming circles on my back.

"I missed you, too, KitKat." I felt his lips press to my head gently. I sniffed and pulled back, looking at him. 

"How did you know where I was? How did you get here? What happened to your grandma?" He chuckled.

"Slow down there, sparky." I rolled my eyes and poked his stomach before laying my head on his shoulder and waiting for him to answer. "Well, my parents got a divorce." I opened my mouth to say I was sorry, but he held a hand up to my mouth, smothering my apology. "I stayed with my grandmother until I turned 18, then I went back to London." My head bounced on his shoulder when he shrugged. "You weren't living in your flat so I asked around, called a few of the guys before Hayden said that your mother had... died and you'd moved away with your father." He gripped my shoulders, bringing my forward so he could look at me. 

I looked down and bit my lip, my eyes watering again. "KitKat, why didn't you tell me?" His voice was full of hurt. "I would've come back. I would've been there for you, you know that." I nodded.

"I know... I couldn't reach you, though, Parker. I tried! But then I realized it was hopeless." I shrugged weakly. "I didn't even know your grandmother's address and your parents were never home." He sighed and pulled me into another hug. 

"I'm so sorry Katalyna. I'm so so sorry." He hugged my tightly and laid back on the bed. I sniffed and sighed, looking him. 

"Hey, you never answered my other question. How did you find me?" He smiled smugly. 

"I may have nosed around until I found someone who knew where you'd been sent. I also may have gotten the name Harmon?" I smiled at the name of Mrs. Harmon, the social worker who'd taken care of me after my mother died. That is, until I'd come to America. "Yes, well. I kinda looked up her number and bugged her until she talked to me. She told me where you were and I hopped the first plane here." I shook my head at my friend.

"I rented a car and drove here myself. All I had to do was asked around about you and someone called your father. He showed up at the little diner I was at, quaint little place by the way, really adorable." I chuckled and he continued. "I explained to your dad who I was and why I was here and he seemed... relieved. Apparently, our little KitKat here has been a bit depressed lately." He frowned at me and I rolled my eyes. "He brought me here and told me to wait in your room. I wasn't here for very long when I heard you in the hallway. It was all I could do to not run out there and hug you." We laughed lightly and I shook my head.

"I'm so glad you're here, Parker. I've been going crazy." He smiled and ran his thumb across my cheek lightly. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"I'm glad I'm here, too. You're not the only one who's been going crazy." He tightened his arms around me and I cuddled closer. "Now go to sleep, I have jet lag and I want to take a nap." I giggled and obliged, letting the exhaustion from today's events take over my body.

I listened to Parker's steady heartbeat under my head and his even breathing as he quickly fell asleep (as per usual, of course). I quietly let sleep take me and let my mind drift into a dream that, for the first time since I'd been in America, was not filled with wolves.

~*~  

I loud banging woke me up. I shot up and looked around me, frightened. Then I realized I was fine and the banging was from someone pounding their hand on my door. "Damn it Katalyna, dinner's almost ready!!" I heard Stephanie yell through the door. I rolled my eyes as I heard her mutter, "Gosh, why couldn't he send Faeth to deal with the whore." I sighed and looked over to Parker who was still asleep, go figure. This boy could sleep soundly if the Apocalypse had started right next to him.