Alone

This is merely something like a one-shoot chapter. Maybe I'll make a story out of it when I finished Ember and Lilia. Enjoy reading!

Footsteps sounded over the pouring rain. A girl with a cloak over her face came to sight as she kneed down on the ground. A sign was stabbed on the ground as rain water dripped over it.

"Father, mother. I have come."

The girl pushed back her hood to uncovered a mop of brown hair. Her blue eyes was filled with sorrow.

"Forgive me."

............................

-Emma-

A knife thudded on the ground as she successfully killed a rabbit. The drought was coming and it was counted lucky enough to even have a rain as heavy as this.A blessing, they say.

But to her, it was nothing more than a need for survival.

She picked up the rabbit and went into her shelter. Skinning the rabbit slowly,she made a fire with the stones nearby.Not caring that she was wet all over, she cooked the rabbit on top of the fire.

Her heart was already tear out,and replaced with nought but emptiness since 4 years ago that had changed everything.

-Flashback-

Fire. Fire everywhere. She could feel the heat as her parents lifeless bodies dropped to the ground, their heads beheaded by the cruel Iłłernia soldiers who was laughing. She could remember screaming with grief and anguish as her hand accidentally knocked over the lamp as sparks of little fire was on the floor. It was what that had cause the fire in the first place. But it no longer mattered to her, her will to survive was gone along with the death of her parents.

The soldiers unable to escape, perished in it with their screams.

She did not feel an ounce of regret or guilty for them. Instead,she relished their sufferings for what they had done to her parents.

She stood there in the fire, waiting for her to perished along with her parent's body.

Until she saw someone standing there in the fire.

It was a boy who was but only older than her by the looks of him.She couldn't see his face as there was a hood covering it.There were a a spark of determination in his eyes as he heaved her body over his shoulders and leaped out of the window.Her body numbed, her vision faded into darkness.

When she woke up, the boy was already gone. He left a dagger for her with some food that would lasted her for a day.

Perhaps it was destiny ,or plain fate, but she promised herself that she would find him again,and thanked him for saving her pitiful life.

It was what her parents would want.

From that day on,she was no longer childish little Emma.

She was Emmagaline,the orphan.

-Flashback end-

Her hands shook as she clenched her hands into fists. Guilt consumed her from inside as it tried to clawed their way out. Four years she had carried her suffering,four years since she had cried. Tears built up in her eyes until she finally let it go. She cried for her parent, for her home, for the childish girl that had forever left her.

She buried her head in her hands.

It was that moment she knew, she was finally and utterly alone.

Thank you all for reading!