Prologue

So, hey everyone!

Two Steps from Hell-Strength of a Thousand Men

.................................................................................

Drip

The shadow of a lithe body silently leaped over the roofs of houses, her whole body blending with the surroundings. It was night, and everything was covered in a blanket of silence.

Not for long.

She slipped through one of the windows of a grand house own by nobles. If it was like any other days, she would have stopped to steal something valuable like silver, but tonight was different.

Tonight, her heart was set to kill.

Images, memories past through her mind as she thought back to the corpse of a little boy that had been tortured, once the heir to a noble family. But yet, the boy's will were like iron, unbendable, not even letting anything escaped his mouth that might have brought harm to his family.

She was able to nurse him back from the jaws of Death, but what was done had been done.

Furious because he would not speak, they cut his tongue and damaged his throat.

Because of them, the boy would be forever mute.

Thinking back to the time when she had saw the boy's eyes, dark and lonely. His heart was still beating, but his will was gone.

The look that she had saw in his eyes...was a will to die.

Clenching her jaws, she walked quietly with long strides, unfearful of being seen. After all, a master thief is never spotted, always out of sight...until he wants you to see him.

And so, the silhouette of a young girl walking in the mansion like place momentarily flashed within the moonlight's reach, before vanishing in the darkness.

...............................

The next morning, a scream echoed throughout the early morning.

The news spread within the whole afternoon.

"Have you heard? Lord Furningal died with a total of four stabs on his body!"

"I heard he was stabbed two times in the heart, his stomach and even his manhood! His head was founded outside the bedroom in the morning. "

"Serves him right, he deserved it after all the things he did to us."

"Ssh, don't let the others hear you speaking!"

"I wonder if Shadow was the one who killed him..."

A white-haired girl stood by under the cover of the shadows,her face hidden. Unseen, a chamber of secrets that would forever be kept buried.

A dark smile appeared on her face as she lifted her hands slowly to revealed something in her hands.

The bloody head of a man, his face still terrified until the last moment.

How's your impression of 'Shadow'?

This is a filler to let you understand more about the main character, but that doesn't meant that this is not part of the story. Yup, all of what you read just now...was included.

Please, please comment and tell me what you think I should improve!