Prologue

"It's lovely to have you here Miss Lee." The interviewer, I think his name was Jack or something, greeted me. I gave him a smile but mostly because Max was pulling funny faces behind him. Tsk, naughty boy, trying to distract me.

"Lovely to be here." I replied. Jack, or whatever his name was, nodded. He flipped through some papers on his clipboard as I fiddled with the collar of my Torro Rosso shirt, waiting patiently for him to begin.

"Now I'm sure everyone wants to know, what brought about this fiery passion for Formula 1 driving?" He asked. Typical interviewer questions. My reply was swift.

"I'd started watching the races since I was about eight or seven. Somewhere around that age. Then I started realising I had a taste for adrenaline and speed. My dad encouraged me to pick up driving and eventually I shifted from kart racing to where I am now. I'm proud to say I've been a fan of this sport for a very long time and it's a privilege to be able to finally be apart of it." I grinned. Max made wild gestures about my taking too much, he'd heard the story many times over. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"That's nice. What's life like on the track?" Jack continued. Another generic question. Could this guy get any less interesting? I put on a fake smile and replied.

"Most people would expect to me to say fast paced and full of life but to be honest it can be laid back at times, we just like to let people think that we're always in the fast lane." I winked for good measure and Jack chuckled. Max gave me a seriously-that's-all-you've-got-to-say look and I resisted the childish urge to stick my tongue out at him.

"What's it like being the only girl around?" Jack asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I forced myself not to smirk, I was expecting the question.

"To be honest, when I first arrived I was a little worried. Shy and what not. But I actually got to the know the guys really fast and to tell you the truth they're a little ahem protective and their like a second family." I smiled.

Jack raised an eyebrow in question.

"Care to elaborate?" He pressed. Max held back a chuckle.

"Well, we have Max who's my best friend on track. You usually don't see one of us without the other, people say we're joint at the hip, which explains why he's standing right behind you." I teased and Jack turned around to see Max flushed with embarrassment.

He gave an awards "hi" and laughed. I grinned cheekily and he gave me a death glare. I mentally noted to run to the safety of my garage the moment the interview was over lest Max come find me in a tickle fight. I always lost an she knew that.

"Then we have Daniel and Daniil who are actually older than me but have the mental capacity of five year olds and I tend to be the mother hen when it comes to them." I continued.

"It's true." Max pipes up and I laughed.

"Yes, yes it is. Next we have Sebastian and Jenson who are like the older brothers that I never had. Jense looks out for me off track and Seb gives me tips on track."

"Following them is Alonso who's the big daddy bear. Literally, he's like a father figure that won't stop nagging at me. It's kind of sweet really."

Max rolled his eyes at that and I gave him a pointed glare earning his hands up in surrender.

"Lastly, Lewis and Nico. Lewis is my prank buddy. He likes the goof around with me sometimes even though most of the time he's super serious. We usually pull pranks on Nico or Kimi, but not so much on Kimi now because of that one time we dyed his hair green and he had to wait a week to get it out. Nico is more of the target these days." I chuckled.

"Sounds like a big family you got there." Jack commented. I smiled.

"Sure is."

~

I have never regretted joining Formula 1. Not for a single moment. I loved it the moment I joined and I didn't intend to let anything spoil that.

Not even some blue-eyed Belgian who I liked too much to even admit it because he's my team mate and I couldn't take the risk of it running my Grand Prix chances.

Love could wait.

It always did.

Didn't it?

A/N : short prologue to introduce Ava and Max (ahem aka the blue-eyed Belgian ;)) hope you guys stick around for the next chapter and vote and comment because I really appreciate it ^^ love love love to everyone and until next time <3

~ Dragonis