Blood and Family

Hi! I've literally been trying to publish this since four days ago after I finished the story and I just haven't had the time! Now, finally, here it is!

The original idea for this came when I got mad at Rosa Valdez for treating Leo the way she did, and at first all I wanted was to read fanfiction about them, but I couldn't find one that pleased me, and I also realized that when they made Leo go back so he talked to Rosa, it was always alone, and that bothered me because, well, he isn't alone anymore. I guess that all I really wanted was for the others to be there so he could see how loved he is, maybe all I was looking for was that, but I couldn't find it. So, after a while, the dialogues just started appeareing and I simply had to write it and share it with you! I hope you like it!

Blood and Family

The trip had actually started pretty normally, for once.

Frank and Hazel had arrived to Camp Half-Blood two days before, but Percy and Jason had been planning that trip for weeks.

After the war with Gaea had finally ended, the demigods from Cabin 9 had taken the task to rebuild the Argo II –now known as the Second Argo II because Leo had a very wide imagination rank–, getting some help from the Roman sons of Vulcan, which had worked very nicely in favor of letting both camps know each other.

Currently, the Second Argo II remained anchored over the Big House, projecting its enormous and imposing shadow on the strawberry fields, but upon knowing that the arrival of their Roman friends was getting closer, Percy and Jason had decided to give the flying ship some use, even if it wasn't a warlike one anymore.

The plan was to leave Camp Half-Blood early the next day and fly to Florida, spend five days as normal, common teenagers, enjoying the beach and each other's company as they hadn't been able to do the last time they had been together, a little too busy saving the world.

After that, they would return to the Greek camp so that Hazel and Frank could leave a day after and reassume their responsibilities at Camp Jupiter.

The plan had actually been approved by Chiron and Mr. D., but not before they threw a fuss about how they should travel with Coach Hedge too.

That was nonsense, Percy had pointed out. Some of the people aboard the ship had saved the world not only once, but twice, they were responsible teenagers that could actually do such a thing without doing anything that justified the presence of an adult. And, on the other side, Coach Hedge was busy with his family and it would be unfair for him to be asked to leave his wife and son to keep an eye on a bunch of adolescents.

In the end, and after swearing over the Styx River that they would not do anything that they would have not done in the coach's presence, Chiron agreed to have them set sail with no supervision.

Things had been carefully taken care off, perfectly scheduled―this time, no end of the world and no immortal goddess would be able to ruin their trip. Things would go perfectly well, and nothing was going to stop them from having a good time.

However, they were demigods, so they probably should have known better than to believe things would actually go as planned.

–*–*–

The things had started to turn out wrong around six hours after they had left the Greek camp.

Ever since Festus had regained his original, separated-from-the-ship body, he had gone back to living the camp's woods, and even when they all felt really happy for their bronze friend, that also meant that the cruise control wasn't as exact as it had been before, which probably explained why they ended up somewhere that was not the one place they had planned to arrive at. Either that, or the Fates were simply having more time to spare than they should have.