Part Four

"He was so young. Should we attend his funeral?" Rachel asked, looking down at her hands.

"You can if you want to. I'm not going to that jerk's funeral. I barely knew the kid," Marie answered, rolling her eyes. "They probably won't even find his remains. He was pulverized to a fine powder,"

"Don't be so rude! He wasn't as bad as I thought he was gonna be. And... Ew," With that, Rachel turned towards the window of Marie's truck and watched the hills roll by as they drove back to her house. "Styx is gonna be crushed when they find out." Rachel said out of nowhere.

Marie thought for a moment. "They'll get over it. They might even find someone better than him. Ya never know," She smirked and continued driving.

Rachel pulled his scarf off, threw it on the floor, and bawled. She had worn it for the past few days. You always think you'll stay strong in these types of situations, but in reality, it's way harder to take than you ever imagined it would be. "Do you think he's in heaven?"

"Dude! Stop worrying about it. It's not like you were his girlfriend or his mom or something." Marie rolled her eyes again, obviously getting a little annoyed.

"I know. I just feel so bad. We were talking when we could've stopped him..."

"Hey, he knew the train was coming. You could hear the damn thing zipping down the corridor. And wha did he do? He just wanted that money."

"I know." Rach picked the scarf up off of the floor. And sighed once more, returning her stare to the window.

~~***~~

Once they finally got to Connecticut, Rachel flipped on the tv as soon as they walked into Marie's living room. Of course the headline news was "Styx Rockstar Hit by Subway Train: Dies." She switched the tv off and cried eventually herself to sleep with his scarf in her clutches.

THE END.

Thanks for reading! :) I'm sorry to those of you who love Tommy Shaw, but lately Dennis has been my favorite band member. I got some help writing parts of the story so I wanted to give credit to Styx_Bot_1983 . Once again, I apologize to all of the Tommy Shaw fans out there.

~~*Peace and Love*~~