Chapter 7 First day

It's my first day at Lincoln high school and the teacher is about to introduce me to my new classmates.
"Guys this is Amelia Dane, she just moved here from New York." Ms. Watson says and all the kids are staring at me, I hate it. Ms. Watson points at a girl at the 4th table. - "Amelia take a seat next to Tasha." She says. I sit down next to this Tasha girl and I take a look around and see that the other students start to whisper in each other's ears.
"The girls here can be some real bitches so watch out." Tasha whispers. Tasha is a black girl not that girly but not in the lesbian kind of way, she's just very casual. I was very popular back home so for people to whisper shit about is not something I'm use to.
"What about you?" I ask her but I keep my voice low.
"I'm just doing my own thing." She says and I just nod and begin to listen to what Ms. Watson is talking about. When the class is over 3 girls walks over to mine and Tasha's table. One of the girls are in the front and it's pretty obvious that she's the "leader" of these girls. I just know that I'm gonna have trouble with this bitch, I can tell she's a bitch just the she's dressing. It takes a bitch too know a bitch, right?
"So you're from New York?" She asks. No I'm from LA, what kind of a stupid question is that?
"Yeah." I answer her stupid question coldly.
"Where in New York?" She asks. Why is that any of her business?
"Queens." I say.
"Just know that things are a lot different here and by the way don't talk to her that won't do you any good." She says and refers to Tasha.
"What's your name again?" I ask her.
"Robyn." She says.
"Listen Robyn don't tell me who I should or should not speak to, okay?" I say with a bitchy smile and I can see on her face that my words surprise her.
"I was trying to give you a good advice but if you wanna be a loser then be my guest." She says and leaves. I know she's gonna be trouble sooner or later.
"You know you just started beef with the queen here, right?" Tasha asks me after Robyn and her army leaves.
"I don't care, no one's gonna boss me around." I say. The rest of the day goes by smoothly and me and Tasha talk a lot, she's actually really cool. The whole day I feel Robyn's eyes on me, I know she's talking shit about me and I trie to ignore it.

After school I go straight home and I see Marshall's car parked in front of my house, then I see him, DeShaun and Lucas standing on the porch talking.
"How was your first day in School?" Lucas asks me when I walk up to them.
"I think I already started my first beef with some girl." I tell him. I feel Marshall's eyes on me but I just keep looking at Lucas.
"Ouch.. Tell me." He says.
"Some bitch just thinks she owns the whole damn thing and she came up to me with her fucking army trying to boss me around." I tell him.
"Let me guess.. You served her your attitude?" Lucas chuckles.
"Of course." I smile and look at Marshall for the first time and as I'm about to speak James opens the front door.
"You're grounded, remember?" James reminds me so I just roll my eyes and go straight to my room.

At dinner Rachel asks me about my first day but I just lie to her and tell her it went fine. I don't think it's any of her business because she can't do anything about it, besides this is a problem I gotta handle by myself, I've never let people step on me and this Robyn bitch is gonna discover that sooner or later if she keeps going on with her bullshit. I know I was a popular girl back home but I never walked up to the new kid like that, that's just corny.
Lucas sits in my room for a few hours after dinner which helps a little on my grounded-situation. Lucas is already like a big brother to me, he looks out for me but at the same time we have this friendly bond.

At night when I lay in my bed Marshall texts me.

Marshall (10:02pm)
What's up?

Reply to Marshall (10:05pm)
Just laying in my bed what about you?

Marshall (10:10pm)
Just hanging in DeShaun's crib. When are you not grounded anymore?

Reply to Marshall (10:12pm)
On Sunday I think

Marshall (10:15pm)
Let's hang out there

He wanna hang out with me! I could just jump on my bed but that would be stupid.

Reply to Marshall (10:17pm)
Sure

Keep it cool Amelia.