Chapter 3

Bree's P.O.V
It was time for us to hit the hay. 12:30am. I can't believe Mr Davenport sent Chase to bed so early! Me and Adam walked down to the lab and found Chase asleep in his capsule. That's when I noticed it. My make-up kit was left open on the cyber desk.

"Huh." I said quietly

"What's up Bree?" Adam asked, halfway into his capsule.

"Nothing." I replied climbing inside my own.

The Next Morning

I woke up and turned to see Chase still sleeping. Adam had already left. I got out and stretched my muscles before heading upstairs for breakfast. I saw Adam and Leo eating their cereal so I thought this would be my chance to speak to Mr Davenport. I brought him over to the side so we could talk in private.

"What's wrong Bree?" He asked.

"I think there's something more going on with Chase. Last night, when me and Adam were going to bed, I saw my make-up kit lying out on the cyber desk. I could've sworn I put it in the bathroom though. And the only person down there was Chase." I explained

"But why would Chase need make-up? Unless..." Mr Davenport started.

"Unless what?" I asked with panic in my voice.

"Unless he's hiding something..." Mr Davenport finished.

"Like, a mark or something?" I stared at him.

"What you guys talking about over there?" Adam asked us with a mouthful of cereal.

So me and Mr Davenport walked over to them and told them what we thought was up.

Suddenly, Chase came out of the lift and we all acted dumb. At least that wasn't hard for Adam.

"Morning, Chase. Your up late." Mr Davenport stated.

Chase just nodded his head.

"Well, it's time for you to go to school." Mr Davenport handed us our bags and we headed to school.

At Mission Creek:

Me, Leo and Adam were watching Chase while he was getting books from his locker.

"You know guys, maybe Chase just has a new girlfriend he's hiding from us. I mean, he's probably scared that she won't be able to resist, Leo Dooley." Leo said, pointing at himself.

"Yeah, Leo, I don't think Chase has a girlfriend." Adam said.

"Why's that?" I asked him.

Adam pointed over to Chase. Me and Leo looked over and saw Trent talking to Chase.

"What's Chase doing with Trent?" I whispered to the guys.

"I don't know..." Leo replied.

That's when we saw Trent say something to Chase and walk off.

What was going on?