PART TWO

H A R P E R

I was walking along the beach holding hands with my brother and another guy, I looked around the age of six, Aaron looked nine and the other boy looked eight. We were walking and every so often the boys would swing me up in the air and I'd kick my feet before landing back onto the soft sand. I had on a big orange shirt that could have passed as a dress and orange flip flops while the boys just had swim trunks. Aaron's trunks were white and the other boy's was orange like my shirt. The boy had feathery like brown hair with a bit of blonde when the sun shines on it and light tan skin, I'm guessing he likes spending time at the beach.
He looked down at me locking eyes with me, his icy blue eyes had a green rip around them. He smiled at me before letting my hand go and saying something to my brother before he jogged of to a woman. I watched him leave, a frown formed on my lips as I looked down at my hand. Warm tingles were left from where he touched.
'You have a crush a Dan don't cha sis?' Aaron asked, I looked to see he had also let go of my hand and went to go sit on one of the steps that leads up the sand dunes. I wonder what's up there?
'Maybe just a little...' my small voice spoke making Aaron chuckle before he gestured for me to come over. So I did, I went over to him and sat next him.
'I know you're only six Harper, but just remember this, Daniel and I will always be here to protect you,when I'm not around Dan will be, if he's not around I will be. I trust Daniel so I trust that if you fall in love with him that he will keep you safe,' he said making me scrunch my nose up.
'Ew! You're sounding like mummy now! She always talks about "true love",' I said shaking my head, my short brown locks hitting me in the face which made Aaron laugh.
'Yeah, I guess mum is getting to me, c'mon Harper it's getting dark,' he said getting up and taking my hand. We slowly walked up the stairs and the higher we got the brighter it became until it was just white.

Suddenly I was fifteen, nine years later, trying to pull Daniel away from punching the man again.
'Daniel please, stop,' I said to him. He kicked the guy in the stomach one last time before he spun around and cupped my cheeks with his large hands and used his thumb to wipe away my tears.
'Baby are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he?' Daniel asked, he was clearly worried, which made me smile through my tears.
'He kicked and punched me a few times before you got here,' I said lifting up my shirt, I could already see the bruises forming from where he had kicked me. A low growl left Daniel's lips before his hand lightly brushed the skin making me flinch which made him frown.
'I'm sorry baby, let me take you home,' he said picking me up bridal style, for a guy of eighteen he was fucking strong.
'No please don't my parents and Aaron are going to freak out,' I say thinking about my little five year old sister Marissa. She was diagnosed with ADHD a few days ago and now my parents are really stressing, Aaron decided that he'd use his gap year and stay with us. I told Daniel all this and he took me to his place where he tended to my bruises. His hands were gentle when he touched my skin, it's kind of scary to know that these gentle hands of his almost killed a man nearly twenty minutes ago.
'I told your brother you're staying by me for the night,' he said taking out a black shirt and a pair of his black boxers, he left the room and let me get dressed.
The shirt got to my mid thigh and the boxers came to above my knees, I opened the door and went downstairs to see Daniel watching TV.
'Dan, is it okay if I go to bed?' I asked and he looked at me his eyes eying my body making me blush and look down. I heard his footsteps come closer towards me and I didn't realize I was walking backwards until my back touched the cold surface of the wall through Daniel's T-shirt. He cupped my face with his large hands and lifted my head so I looked at him, his eyes had more green in them that they had when we were younger. He slowly leaned in until our lips were connected. The kiss was filled with love, lust and passion, I wanted him so badly but we promised each other we would only do it if we got married. He had doubts that I would want to marry him and I had doubts that he wanted to marry me.