Part 1

You pick your way through Lake Town, Bain's home your destination. You run up the steps to his house and knock on the door. Tilda answers. "Y/N!" She squeals, throwing herself into your arms. Laughing, you hug her. "How're you doing today, Tilda?" You ask. "Better now that you're here." She says, hugging you tightly. The smile that you have on your lips vanishes as soon as that sentence leaves Tilda's mouth. Sadness fills your heart and turns your lips down into a frown. You pat her back and then pull away from her. You give her a weak smile. "I came to see Bain, is he home?" You ask. "Yes, let me go get him for you." Tilda replies, before she runs back into the house. You sigh and turn to look out at the water. You've just been diagnosed with a lung disease that has been causing your asthma. The doctor said that spending your whole entire life in a tar, fish, and smoke infested town has destroyed your lungs. He advised that you move to a clear climate, far away from potential hazards to your lungs. You sigh again and feel tears prick your eyes. The things you're going to miss the most are Sigrid, Tilda, Bard, and Bain. Especially Bain. You've been friends with Bain since you both were small children, and you've come to care and love each other very deeply. "Hey, Y/N. What brings you over here?" Bain asks. You turn and smile a little. "Hi, Bain." You say softly. His eyebrows immediately draw and he crosses the distant between you. He puts his hands on your shoulders. "What's wrong? What's happened?" He asks worriedly. You stare into his caring eyes and break down. "Bain." You sob. Bain wraps you into his arms and holds you against him. "Y/N, are you okay? Are you hurt? Is it your asthma? Did you have another attack?" He asks. You cry against him for a few minutes until you can get ahold of yourself. You look up at him and put your hands on his chest. "Bain, I'm moving." You state bluntly, sniffling. "What!" He gasps in horror. "But-but why?!" Bain exclaims. You explain to him your situation and when you're finished, he's pale and tears pool in his eyes. "W-will I see you again?" He asks, his eyebrows drawn. "I don't know..." You answer, tears sliding down your cheeks. "I don't want to leave you." You cry, hugging him. A minute goes by before Bain replies. "Y/N, you have to. You're going to get really sick if you stay here. Though I want you to stay here so badly, I can't let your stay when your life is in danger. You have to do what's best for you." He murmurs, against your head. "But-but I love you." You whisper, pulling your head back and looking at him. Bain cups your cheek with his hand. "And I love you. But you have to go." He whispers. He kisses you softly and slowly. "You have to." He whispers, leaning his forehead against yours.

In two weeks, you're at the dock saying goodbye to Sigrid, Tilda, Bard, and Bain. "Goodbye, everyone. Thank you so much for everything." You say, with tears in your eyes. You look at Bain and he nods. The two of you pull away from the group and walk away. "Bain, I can't do this." You whisper. "Yes, you can. And you will." He says. You hug him tightly and then kiss him on the lips. "We will see each other again. I promise." You whisper. "We will, Y/N. I will be waiting for you." He says. You smile and wipe away the tears that stream down Bain's face. "I love you." He whispers, grabbing your hand and kissing. "I love you too." You say. He smiles weakly and walks hand in hand with you to the dock. Your family boards the boat. "I'll be thinking of you every minute, Y/N." Bain says, as you start to walk towards the boat. You can't stop the tears from sliding down your cheeks. You hug Bain once more and then board the boat. Tilda is crying and Sigrid is trying to be strong. Bain backs away and Bard puts a hand on his shoulder. Bain's eyes never leave yours until you're out of sight. You turn away and let out a sob, burying your face in your hands.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!