The Night of the Comet

Chapter 3

3rd person

Elena walked through the front door of the Salvatore boarding house. She walked straight into a hall and called for Stefan, "Stefan?" Elena felt goosebumps on her arms.

"Hello?" Elena jumped, gasping. She turned to be face to face with a handsome man. His eyes were crystal blue and his hair jet black.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have barged in, but the door was open so-" she looked back towards the door that was once open but now closed.

"Um..."

"I'm Damon, Stefan's brother." He said looking deep into Elena's eyes.

"He didn't tell me he had a brother?" She said backing away nervously.

"Well he is not the one to brag," Damon said smirking. Elena felt chills and it wasn't because of the house, but because of the uneasy smirk Damon had. "Come, let me show the house." He said leading her straight into a humongous room, that must be the living room. She stared in awe.

"This is your living room!"

"Not really my taste." She smiled, rolling her eyes. "Now I know why my brother is so smitten." Damon said smirking. "I thought he'd never get over Katherine."

Elena looked at him confused and Damon knew his plan was working. He acted innocent and said, "Oh, you guys didn't have the awkward ex's conversation yet, whoops..."

Elena sighed feeling uneasy knowing this was a mistake.

"Hello Stefan!" Damon smirked and Elena whipped her head at the direction of a pissed off Stefan.

"Elena I didn't know you were coming." Stefan said talking to Elena but starring at Damon.

"I know, I should've called I was just-"

"No don't be silly your welcome anytime! Isn't she Stefan?" Damon said raising a eye brow. "You know what? I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies, he wasn't always a looker though." Damon said the last part whispering closely to Elena. Stefan glared at Damon but Elena realized, the whole time Stefan stared at Damon and not her. Not even once.

"Thanks for stopping by Elena." Stefan said, Elena's mouth dropped.

"Yeah I should probably go.... it's was nice to meet you Damon."

"Great meeting you too Elena." Damon said taking her hand and kissing the top. Elena walked out but not before stopping to look at Stefan who was still glaring at Damon, she sighed and shook her head. 'I was an idiot for coming here' she thought.

"Great gal! She has spunk! But you, you look pooped let me guess the hospital?" Damon said laughing.

"Someone had to clean up your mess." Stefan said sighing.

"Well were you successful? You know if you don't feed properly, non of those little tricks will work right?" Then Damon now had a different tone than the one with Elena. This one was scary. But Stefan didn't care.

"How long was Elena here?"

"Scared?"

Nina's POV

"He's in the rebound and has crazy family issues." Elena sighed staring at her plate during dinner.

"Wait till you meet a guy with lying and cheating issues!" I snorted, causing Elena to laugh at me. I shrugged, 'Nothing wrong with snorting!'

All our eyes went to the door as Jeremy comes in obviously drunk. I rolled my eyes not bothering continuing to eat my food. I looked up to see Aunt Jenna throwing her half eaten apple at Jeremy's back. I smiled and looked back down at my food. I could still remember that night.