That day

Today was the day, I'm starting to get nervous now but I don't know why because I've had it done many times before, but I am still feeling nervous. I'm that nervous that I'm pacing myself around the house, watching the time tick by, ready to leave. I know that if I kept watching the time it would just make everything go slower, so I had to occupy myself. So I started cleaning the house, but that didn't work, I tried going for a run but that didn't work either. I tried so many things but nothing worked! So I gave up and just sat there day-dreaming, hoping that everything went well today.

I checked the time again, only one more minute but that felt like 12 hours. Finally! It was now 10:30am. I rushed to get my things then got in the car driving off to the hospital. It was an hour's drive from my housed to the hospital so I hoped there wasn't too much traffic on the road today because I didn't want to be late for my appointment. I was then there before I knew it. I then walked to the front desk once I got there and signed in. once I had signed in the lady motioned for me to go sit in the waiting seats. Then after waiting there foir five minutes I hear "Cara Smith. Is there a Cara Smith here?" I then stood up and follow the doctor to the room.

Once I had woken up I felt like it had taken a lot longer than usual. I didn't think that getting a boob job would take so long because my lips an forehead didn't take that long, but I tried not to think too much of it. So with that I went to pay for it but something didn't feel right, it felt so unusual, like something was missing up there. I tried to ignore it until I got home but it kept bugging me. Once I got home I unlocked the door and hung my jacket up ready to see how everything went.

I looked in the mirror and let out the biggest blood curdling scream ever! I couldn't believe it, I stood there in shock. They had removed both of my breast! Not just one but both of them. I broke down in tears, how could this have happened? After a few hours I finally calmed down and gained the courage to ring the hospital and find out what happened and what I did to deserve this. After the third ring someone picked up.

"Hello this is Monique from Sydney Hospital, how may I help you?"

"Hello I'm Cara Smith and I was just wondering if I could please talk to Doctor Hammond?"

"Sorry but he isn't available right now but he will be in two hours if you would like to speak to him then" said Monique

"Well he is going to have to be ready right now because I have to have a stern word with him" Cara said in a very nasty tone

"Sure thing I'll just go get him and then hand him over to you" Monique said in a quiet voice

"Thank you Monique" spoke Cara

"Hello, I believe this is Cara speaking, how is everything going? I hoped that removing both of your breast was the best decision and is helping your cancer. It was the only decision we had left." Said Doctor Hammond.

"CANCER! WHAT CANCER? I DON'T HAVE CANCER!" I screamed through the phone

"Cara Macy, you have had breast cancer for a while now, can't you remember?" Doctor Hammond spoke softly and in a confused tone

"Cara Macy? Who is Cara Macy? I'm Cara Smith and I went to get my breasts bigger" Cara said starting to get frustrated

"Cara... Smith. I believe we have just mixed you up with a cancer patient of the same name" said Doctor Hammond

I dropped the phone and started crying. How could this have happened?

Now it was six weeks later and ii still hadn't adjusted to the new changes of my body. I was still furious about it happening and still asking the same question over and over again, why did this have to happen to me? I get weird looks from people when I go out, but I deal with it because this is how it's going to be... forever.

The Day I got my Breasts RemovedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara