6 - Lost

Sorry for the late update. Thanks for your support guys, special mention to Elysium14 and da-vinci-girl *cue for applause*. This chapter has a mild language use warning.

Nico

I open my eyes slowly, blinking away the clouds. I was shocked by the sensation of warmth around me. Did I sleep with the blankets on? I hardly do that. Well, the blankets felt good. I snuggled in closer, brushing my cheeks against the soft blanket, and the warmth snuggled back. Wait, what?

My eyes shot open and I was met with the sight of my 'blankets', might I mention totally adorable blankets. Will was sleeping contentedly with a his lips curved in a slight smile. Oh my gods, Will Solace was snuggling with me. I added the sight to my list of things to think of when I'm feeling lonely or down.

After I studied him closely -I'll probably never have the chance again- I began to panic. The events of that morning flooded into my mind. Oh, fuck. I screwed up, big time. I always kept my emotions under check but I just let it slip today. I was exhausted and hurt, all I wanted was to vent and let it all out. Unfortunately, it was Will who had to hear it.

I took deep breathes to calm myself down and looked for a way to escape his death hold of me, which I of course didn't appreciate. I mean, who would want to be wrapped up by Will Solace with his strong and reassuring arm draped across their body? Certainly not me!

Oh gods, who am I even lying to?

I gently slid away, occasionally freezing when he tossed or turned slightly. I let out a huge sigh, of relief or disappointment I can't say, when I finally got past his firm grip. I looked at him tenderly, and figured I would probably have to move him up. He'd catch a cold if he stayed in this place for too long.

But first things first, before moving him I had some rearranging to do. I quietly walked to one of the paintings I had recently finished. Fortunately, it was turned away from us or else Will would've freaked. I was already pushing his limits, today was completely uncalled for.

The painting was Will, when I first realised I loved him. That evening we both fell and his face was so close yet unbearably faraway from me. His eyes were slightly wide and surprised, his lips parted gently. That look filled with shock and wonder. The latter was probably something I imagined or wished for. I covered the painting with a white sheet and hid it away in a place only I knew.

I took three long strides back to Will and when I looked at him I was suddenly filled with deep longing. I wanted to surge up to him and kiss him frantically, like the world was to end tomorrow. I felt like clutching him to my chest and never letting go. I probably would have if he hadn't spotted the shadowy figure in the corner of the room. The one inducing this sudden inflammation in desire.

"Eros?!"I growled in surprise and suspicion. What is he doing here? He smiled as if he read my mind. His dark hair fell in sheets, framing his handsome sculpted face. His dark red eyes regarded me in contempt and his chin was lifted high in a haughty posture. His bow and arrows were slung over his shoulder carelessly like I wasn't a threat him at all.

"Well, hello Nico. Pleasure to see you. Again."he curls his lips in an icy smirk on his last word. I suppressed a shudder when I thought of our last encounter. It was so disastrous. Jason found out about me and I felt even compelled to get over my feelings for Percy. After that ordeal came another endearing one. The Fates weren't so kind when they sent Will stumbling my way with his overconfident grin.

"What do you want?!"I snapped. I wasn't in the mood to see his godly mug spouting out more of my secrets. I already messed up too much today. Who knows what my fate would be after Will wakes up? My rose colored dream of paradise would shatter exposing reality. It was bound to happen anyway. Rule number one for me is that I will never belong anywhere I go. Even hellfire will spit me out if I stay for too long.