Roaring Rivals

Barry's pokèball erupted with light, releasing his first pokèmon, turtwig. "Now, it's your turn, Dawn!" He cried. 

"Alright, lets go, Piplup!" I threw the pokèball, revealing my new partner. Peplum was a light blue penguin with a yellow beak and feet. I almost looked like it was wearing a dark blue cape. I pulled out my new pink pokèdex and registered Piplup and Turtwig. 

"Piplup, the Penguin Pokèmon. Piplup can use a variety of moves, such as peck, bubble, and pound. Piplup likes to swim in cold water and eat berries." A woman's voice chimed from the speaker. The picture changed to Turtwig. 

"Turtwig, the Tiny Leaf Pokèmon. Turtwig had a high defense due to the shell on it's back. Turtwig are known for being very fast and loyal to their trainers. 

Barry smirked. "I have the advantage. Let's go, Turtwig, use Absorb!" Turtwig drained Piplup's energy with a super effective move! Piplup was already weak. 

"Piplup, use Pound!" Piplup slapped Turtwig with her flipper, pushing Turtwig back. 

"Takle!" Barry commanded. 

"Intercept with Peck!" I screamed. Piplup's beak lit up with energy and hit Turtwig. Piplup received little damage. Turtwig was in bad shape. 

"Oh no... I can't lose... Turtwig, use Absorb!" Piplup was frozen in fear. The energy was sucked from Piplup's body, leaving it weak and hurt, while Turtwig recovered a little bit. 

"Peck again!" Piplup hit Turtwig with it's beak. 

"Absorb!" Barry smirked. I frantically looked around. I gasped. 

"Piplup!" I pointed. Piplup nodded and ran into a lake. Absorb didn't hit. 

"Use Bubble!" Bubbles flew from Piplup's beak, hitting Turtwig. It's legs shook before it collapsed to the ground.

"No, Turtwig! Are you ok?" He ran to his fallen pokèmon. Piplup jumped into my arms. 

"Lup, Piplup!" I cuddled. 

"Good job..." Barry got up and held out his hand. I smiled and grabbed it. An electric shock ran through my body, I felt my hair raise. 

"Ow!" I pulled back my hand. 

"Haha! I am the king of pranks! Gotta run!" He ran out of town. I rolled my eyes and continued on. I made it to a path into a small forest. 

"Wait!" Lucas screamed. I looked back to see what he wanted. 

"I am going that way too! Do you want to come with me?" He asked. 

"Uh..." I thought. I mean, if it was only a one time thing, why not?"Sure." I smiled. We walked out of town together onto a nice path. 

"I hear this road isn't very long, but there are some scary pokèmon here. Thanks for coming with me." 

"Oh, uh its fine." I rolled my eyes. 

We walked along the path for a while. "Look!" Lucas pointed. "A Starly. I'm gonna catch it." He ran up. 

"Go, Chimchar!" His red and tan monkey Pokemon came out. It's tail flame was burning strongly, it was ready for battle. 

"Scratch!" Chimchar lunged itself at the gray bird Pokemon. It flew up dodging it and pecked Chimchar. 

"Scratch!" Chimchar's claw hit Starly. Damaging it. 

"Alright. Go, pokèball!" He threw out a red and white pokèball. It opened and Starly dissolved into it. The pokèball shook a few times until sparkles erupted from the center. 

"Thats how ya catch one!" He smiled. "Give it a shot." He looked for a Pokemon. "What about that Krickotot?" He asked. 

"Ew, no." Suddenly a small blue Pokemon rubbed up against my leg. I jumped, scaring the little Pokemon. 

"No, wait! I chased after it, Piplup close behind. 

"Don't leave me here!" Lucas cried. 

"Piplup, use Peck!" Piplup pecked the Pokemon. I puled out my pokèdex. 

"Shinx, the Flash Pokemon. This electric type Pokemon's fur dazzles if danger is sensed. It flees while the foe is momentarily blinded." The Poked explained. 

"Use Pound!" I cried. Piplup slapped Shinx. 

Electric energy began to charge up. Out of fear, I threw a pokèball at Shinx. It hit Shinx's nose and absorbed it in. The ball shook once. It shook again. It shook a third time. Sparkles flew out of the top. 

"I... I caught it!" I smiled. "I caught it!" I screamed. I continued on the path to Jubalife until I reached the big city. 

"DAWN!" Lucas came running up the path. "I can't believe you left me there!" We laughed. 

"Good evening, Jubalife. I hope you all had a great day here in our beautiful city. Here are some announcements: Get a pokètech today, an amazing high tech watch that can do just about anything! Next, a plane from the Hoenn region will be coming in tonight. The flight was delayed one hour but will be here promptly at 9 pm. From the Pokemon Contest Hall in Hearthome City: Come one, come all! We are accepting new beginners for our fall contest series. Please join for your chance to become a top coordinator! Register at any contest hall. Last, join us for the parade in the center of town near the GTS. There will be lots of great floats and fun celebration for its 5th year of running successfully. Thank you. Have a great night!" The intercom beeped. 

"Sure seems like fun. I'll meet up with you later!" 

I walked around looking for things to do. 

"Do you have a pokètch?" A clown jumped in my path. I fell back. 

"I'm so sorry!" He helped me up. "Please accept my apologies." He was so sorry. 

"Please accept this coupon for a free pokètech! They are in the airport." he handed me a pink slip of paper. 

I heard a bell. "Flight 103 has landed" I found another clown. "Excuse me, I have a coupon for a free pokètech." I handed him the coupon. 

"Very well. Here you are." He handed me a pink pokètech. I smiled and held it up, admiring the pink color. 

"Wow!" A girl in a blue bikini and skirt with white flowers ran towards me. She was very tan and had short black hair. On each side she had a big pink flower. "I want one! I have a coupon too, I found it on the plane!" She handed it to the clown. 

"Hey, I'm Dawn." I smiled and held out my hand." She smiled. 

"I'm Phoebe. Nice to meet you!" Phoebe shook my hand.