lilacs

"Good afternoon sir! How can I help you?"

"I..I um need some flowers. Actually, make that a lot of flowers. You know, like a big bunch of 'em for something- someone, rather."

"How mad?"

"Huh?"

"How mad is that person at you?"

"Uh, haha, that obvious? Pretty mad, you see. Well, er, I got drunk and shouted some pretty bad stuff at him and then it all just accelerated and it's not been the same since, so I thought it'd be a good idea to apologize."

"Ah, well, to begin with, what's his favorite flower?"

"He doesn't really like flowers, but I didn't know what else to give him."

"Hm, what about lilacs, sir?"

"What do lilacs look like?"

"They're small, usually purple colored flowers, sir."

"He hates purple."

"He wouldn't hate them so much if you told him they symbolize first love."

"You're pretty wise for a freckled teenage boy wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt."

"I'll take that as a compliment." 

"You better. Well I should get- Harris? What're you doing here?"

"I..uh..I came to get some lilacs for you."

"Lilacs? Why?"

"It said on the internet that they symbolized first love, and we'd been tense lately, so I thought why not...but what're you doing here?"

"I came to get some lilacs too."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, I guess we don't need lilacs after all."

"No, actually, I think we'll each take one. You know, symbolic."

"Ah, of course, sirs. Excuse me."

"That is one wise lad. He suggested me the lilacs, can you believe it?"

"You don't say."

A/N: italics is for jade, simple text for one customer and bold for (if any) second customer.