Chapter 21: They all remembered us!

“I cannot believe Pique spoke to you guys like you were his friends,” Nate said.

“I mean he knew you were studying medicine!” Matt said.

“I know! I can’t believe he actually remembered!” Elena said.

“It seems you are not crazy as you claimed,” Ricardo said giving us both a genuine smile.

“Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed.

“What?” Elena asked.

“We could possible see the Barca team training!” I said.

“You’re right!” Elena said.

“That would be crazy!” Matt exclaimed.

“I don’t think that will happen, by the time we go I think they will be done with training,” Ricardo said.

“Who cares?! We’ll be meeting the Barca team!” Nate screamed like a girl.

“And you guys tell us we must be calm,” I said with a smirk.

We heard someone coming from down the hall. We all looked to see Lorenzo coming towards us.

“They should be finished with the training session so I will rather take you to the locker room,” Lorenzo told us.

“Ahh!!! The locker room!” Elena whispered to me. I could not help but smile as well. We all began to follow Lorenzo as he led us through the building to the players’ locker room. We finally got there and could hear voices coming from inside the locker room. Lorenzo entered and as we were about to enter with him he turned around to stop us.

“I will call Leo for you. Please wait here,” he said as he went inside.

“What!? We were supposed to go in!” Elena said.

“Hello? They are changing,” Nate said.

“Exactly the point!” I said. We both sighed knowing we were pushing our luck. We saw the door open with Lorenzo and a short figure behind him. I smiled and felt myself get excited. It was none other than Lionel Messi himself. I still felt that crazy feeling when we met him the first time. We are all going to have to get used to it.

“Si?” Leo said as he looked at us and then gave a small smile.

Elena and I heard the boys freaking out. This was funny.

“I remember you two,” Leo said. Elena and I smiled broadly at him, the messiah remembered us.

“We came by because we had to return your jacket that you borrowed me,” I said still trying to act normal.

At first he gave us a confused look but when I showed him the jacket he seemed to have remembered.

“Oh, yes I remember when Cesc spilled the coffee. You didn’t have to bring it back to me,” Leo said.

“But it’s yours,” I said.

“I have more than one,” Leo said as he chuckled, “You can keep it if you like.”

Was the Messiah actually giving his jacket to me?

“You mean we can keep it for ourselves?” Elena asked excitedly.

“Si. I don’t think I know of anybody that would have actually taken the trouble to return it to me,” Leo said.

Elena and I squealed with joy and Leo just smiled until he noticed the boys. They all stood there in awe of him, frozen.

“You must be their friends,” Leo said as he spoke to them.

“Uh, uh-,” Matt stammered.

“Well this is new,” Elena said slyly.