Part 12: The Happily Ever After

The day was finally here, Adrian and Grayson were getting married today and he'd been nervous and shaking since he's woken up this morning, now he stood in his and Grayson's bedroom trying to straighten his tie with shaky hands. Dropping his hands to his sides he clenched his fists and sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror and saw Regan watching him from the doorway. She moved away from the door and walked over to him with a smile on her face, stopping in front of him she reached up and fixed his tie for him then affectionately patted his chest.

"Ready for today big brother, there's an amazing and handsome man waiting for you down there to make you his and spend the rest of your lives together." She said standing on her toes and kisses his cheek and wiped the lipstick from his cheek.

"I know and I'm so excited and a little nervous....what did I ever do to deserve a man like to love me as much as he does. He's the kindest and most loving man I've ever known and an absolutely wonderful father to Amelia and Dev." He said taking a deep as the clock on the dresser beeped to let them know it was time for them to go down to the wedding. Giving his hand one final squeeze Regan turned and hurried down to her seat in the front row with Damon, their children and Amelia and Dev. Taking a deep even breath he smoothed Dow the front of his suit and started down, only pausing a moment at the sliding glass back door when he saw all the guests out there with Grayson looking exceptionally handsome in his suit waiting for him at the end of the aisle with the justice of the peace that was going to marry them. Swallowing he opened the door and stepped out as everyone turned and looked at him as he confidently made his way down to where Grayson stood watching him with a smile on his face. As he stopped in front of the man he loved Damon stood from his seat and approached the  two of the, facing the and the crowd of guests.

"This is my big brother and my best friend... He's been there for me during the hardest and the most joyous time in my life and I'm honored to say that I've done the same for him. Today on the happiest day of his life I hand him over to your love and care Grayson, love him and take care of him because he is the most valuable and precious gift I could ever give you short of my own wife and children..." Damon said taking Adrian's hand and laid it in Grayson's who took it and held it securely but gently.

"I promise you Damon, I will always take care of him. He's the one and only man that I want and the better part of me." He said looking from Damon to Adrian and smiled. With a smile and a dip of his dark head Damon hugged Adrian one last time and returned to his seat beside Regan and lifted his son into his lap and watched the two of them

"Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the wedding of Adrian and Grayson, let's get you two married shall we?" The justice of the peace said looking at Grayson and Adrian who shook their heads as they looked at him. "Alright, dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join these to in marriage, if anyone here has a reason these two should not be married speak now or forever hold your peace." He said and looked at the silent crowd. "Do you Grayson Micheal Thorne take Adrian as your husband to love, honor and cherish in sickness and in health for richer or poorer until death separates you?"

"I do." He said immediately as he held Adrian's hands in his.

"Do you Adrian Xavier Martell take Grayson to love, honor and cherish in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer until death separates you?" He said turning to Adrian and repeats himself.

"I definitely do." He said looking at Grayson and inhales a deep breath and smiles at him.

"Then by the power vested in me by the state of Louisiana I pronounce you two married, you may now kiss your husband." He said watching them as Grayson pulled Adrian into his arms and kissed him deeply to the cheers and applause of their guests.

"Hello my handsome husband."Adrian whispered to Grayson who smiled at him and kissed him again as he took his hands in his and laid them to his heart.

"I love the sound of that." He said as their children hurried to them and they picked them up, holding them close. "Shall we my love?" He said taking Adrian's hand and started down the aisle toward their happily ever after.....

                        THE END