Between Heaven and Earth (Original Story)

(Welcome to my realm. This is a one-shot I created because of what was outside. The sky looked like the picture above and I wanted to share it with you guys! It's not a fan-fiction, this is straight original stuff that I wrote. Hope you guys enjoy, give me suggestions if you would like something to be written. Also, listen to the song Centuries by Fall Out Boy while you read this. It motivated me, I love you all, Silvv OUT!)

War. The perfect dystopian world, however it was caused by us. Named by colour, we are to fight each other to save our "doomed" realms. That's where I am. Standing at the front lines, chest plate covering my somewhat wounded chest with the weak metal we are told to wear. My sword, made of weak steel, held at my side. Don't be so damn morbid, Ezekiel. Silver says. Silver is my closest friend, though he lives in my head.

"We are gathered here today in the honour of the gods. Our armour shall help us along through the battle of the centuries." I shudder as the general says this. You see, I was moved here as a young adult. Every child grew up in the region of the colourless then when we turned eighteen, we are sent to our region of colour. My parents were apparently from the red realm. Surprisingly—Focus , E.

"Are you ready men?" The general yells trying to yell over the battle cry of the reds. The savages who show no restraint against any team. My eldest friend was sent there. Hero was meant to go. A single tear falls down my cheek. My region is meant to be the cold, stone-like region. We were told emotions are for the dead or for the other realms. I still feel them in my soul. I still feel the crushing feeling I have felt since I was a child. The feeling of when Silver revealed himself to me.

I hear the cry of the war's beginning. The colourful mess of each team and the blood already splattering over the soft ground. I do not understand where to go as of yet. Do I really want to fight? Should I be a coward and run? Should I fight for my realm? I see a swirl of purple past me, using their speed spells and flight. I stand like a post. Maybe if nobody notices me, I won't be killed. Maybe—I see Hero in front of me. He shines a bright grin, and I realize my impending doom.

"Hello E." He stares deep into my soul.

"Hello Hero." His grin deepens.

"Ready to die, old friend?" I shake my head and start to back away.

"Hero, we can talk about this. Let's not jump to conclusions. Please don't kill me!" I beg and plead. He simply raises his axe, which currently has a rainbow of blood from other realms. I raise my sword, tears threatening to fall.

"Hero... Please. Don't kill me. We were best friends." His eyes flash like flames.

"Key word Ezekiel, WERE!" He yells and slams his axe down towards my head. I dodge and move away from him. He swings again; I counter and push him back.

"Hero, what about all the memories? What about the fact that we grew up together. Please! I'm begging you to stop. I want us both to live. Please." I beg and plead. But he just kept swinging. With tears in my eyes, my sword at the ready, I lunged forward making a connection with his ribs. I feel the sword pierce through his flesh, bone, muscle and connect with his beating heart. His heart stops beating and I pull my sword out of his chest and drop in to the ground. The wave of pain, guilt and sorrow splash over me. I just killed my best friend. I lower my head in shame. Ezekiel, pick your head up! Are you really about to surrender! You'll be killed if you don't pick yourself up. Silver says. He really is right. Setting myself to die is purely pathetic. I decide to pick my sword up and move forward into the battle scene. The ground in covered in a thick layer of blood and a disgusting mass of bodies. Moving forward I feel pain blooming in my left shoulder. I look over and see a gold haired boy. He looks like he's only twelve and he has tears streaming down his pale cheeks. He's holding a small wooden sword. I pick my hands up in surrender.