Chapter 3: Saved

(Lily's POV)

As time went by, I was getting more worried by the minute. I want to leave this class as fast as I can. Away from Karina. I check the time on my phone and it's 10:31. 14 minutes left...14 minutes stuck with Karina.

"Alright class, those are the classroom rules, I would like all of you to respect those rules and respect your classmates." Mr. Anderson says and I hear Karina scoff at the idea of 'Respect your classmates.'

5 minutes left of class and I am tapping my left foot. I really want to leave and I am glad that Karina isn't noticing my weird actions. The teacher says to just hang around until the bell rings, making everybody stand up and go to their friends. I am just here waiting for the bell to ring, but I felt pressure on my right arm.

I turn to see Karina holding onto my arm. I feel my heart start pounding with fear and worry. 1 minute is left of class and everybody has gotten up to wait by the door. Karina was still holding my arm and I was on the point to push her away from me but she had a strong grip on me.

I pull out my phone to text Sofia.

[S= Sofia, L= Lily]

L- Sofia, I need your help. Karina has me trapped with her hand on my arm, she is gonna do what she has been wanting to do since...forever.

I wait until I feel my phone vibrate.

S- Oh shit! Don't worry Lily I will vome as fast as I can. What is your class number?

L- 110B

40 seconds left of class and I feel Karina's breath beside my ear.

"Better not run off." She whispers and I shiver.

I feel my phone vibrate and I check the message.

S- Oh no Lily....My class is on the far side of the school...

Great....I am screwd.

Ring!

The bell rings and I feel Karina pull me through the crowd of people. I try to make her let go of my arm but her hand wouldn't budge. Than I see Sofia running through the crowd in front of me.

"Let her go Karina!" She yells and Karina's grip loosens and she runs off into the left hallway. I sigh in relief and rub my arm. I feel Sofia hug me and I hug her back.

"Thanks Sofi, thanks." I say and she giggles.

"Anything for my best friend." She says and I smile. I am glad I have a friend like her. She means the world to me, I wouldn't ask for a better friend than her.

"Alright well, I gotta head to gym class. See ya Lily!" She says as she runs to the gym. I wave goodbye and head into my history class. I see that the teacher assigned seats and my eyes wide when I see who I am seated next to.

Brock...One of Evan's friends.

I sit on the back row, second seat to the left. This is one big classroom and there's 28 seats set in rows, each for one person. So there's 28 students in this class...great.

I sit down and I set my stuff to the side, than I hear the seat next to me move a little and I look up to see Brock. He sees me and smiles.

"Hey! My name is Brock, what's yours?" He asks and I stay quiet.

"Oh I see, your shy aren't you? No need to be shy, I don't bite...except Jonathan..." I look up at him than I hear some laugh, maniacaly. I turn to see Jonathan, the crazy one from the group sit in front of me.

"Talkin' shit Brock?" He says with a wide grin and Brock chuckles.

"Nah, just telling her that I don't bite but you do." He says and Jonathan laughs again.

"Yup, so beware!" He says and they both chuckle.

"But seriously, what's your name?" Brock asks once again.

"Lily." I say quietly and he smiles.

"That's a pretty name." Brock says and I smile.

"Thanks..." I look in front if me to see Jonathan staring at me.

"I agree, your pretty also." He says and I blush.

"You should hang out with us Lily, our group wouldn't mind, right Jon?" Brock says and Jonathan nods.

"Yea, so we can get to know each other more and so you will be comfortable around us." Jonathan says and I smile, nodding slowly.

"Sounds fine with me." I say sounding less quiet.

"Now that's a good way to start! We are gonna be great friends Lily." Brock says and I giggle. The three of us look at the front since our teacher told us to quiet down.

Ring!

The bell rings which means class has started.

"Good morning class, Welcome to AP History class, I expect good progress from all of you. My name is Ms. Williams and I will be your teacher for the rest of your senior year. I would like you guys pair up in a group of two to three people. What I want you guys to do is get to know each other and I will call each group up to the front of the class and one of you are gonna introduce your group. Now pair up."

Brock instantly stands up and motions me and Jonathan to do the same. I can't believe he wants me in his group.

"Alright, I will be the one speaking for the both of ya. Jonathan here can't take anything serious unless its something really deep so yea." Brock says causing Jonathan to laugh his crazy laughter.

"So, I already know Jon, how about you tell me about yourself Lily." Brock asks and Jonathan watches me.

"Umm, I am 17 years old, I like to read and help my mom around the house." I say and they both nod.

"Sounds cool, you don't really go out as much do you?" Jonathan asks and I shake my head. I don't really like going outside because first, I don't have many friends and second I'd rather stay with my mom and help take care of her.

"My mom is sick so I would rather stay home." I say and they both look at me with sad expressions.

"I am sorry to hear that." Brock says and I smile slightly.

"No need to be sorry, she is doing fine but I don't see any progress of her healing." I say making them both hug me. I tense up at the feeling but I loosen because I finally made new friends who won't judge me for who I am or what I do.

"Who do you hang out with? Do you have friends here?" Brock asks as he parts away.

"Ummm, I only have one friend which is my best friend Sofia." I say and they both look at me again with upset looks.

"We are your new friends now Lily." Jonathan says and I smile giving them both a hug.

"Thank you." I say and I part to see them smiling at me. This day went from bad to great but I still have three classes left and I don't know what to expect.