#1 Welcome to the Glade!

Welcome to the Glade!

Slowly you open your eyes, while you put a hand on your head. It feels like someone knocked you out with a pretty hard punch. Confused you raise your eyebrows as you don't remember your surroundings. "Where the hell am I?", you ask yourself. The place where your memory should be is just a empty hole.

Panic fills you from your head to your toes. Heavily panting you curl up into a ball and hug your legs with your arms. There has to be something you can remember. Just a little detail or brief moment, but there is just darkness in your head. It doesn't matter how hard you try. "(Y/N)", you mumble your name like it's something special. It's probably the only thing you know.

Suddenly you hear a metallic sound, then the light hits your eyes so you close them as fast as you can. There are people mumbling somewhere above you. Once again you slowly open your eyes, while you raise your head a little bit. A group of boys are looking down at you apparently as shocked as you.

"It's a girl", one of them says needlessly. The murmur gets louder, when you slowly stand up from the cold ground. The boys come closer to the edge of the metal box. "Is she hot?", you hear someone asking interested. Your heartbeat starts to race from the glances you get. Have they never seen a girl?

In this moment you feel like a piece of meat. "Hell yeah!", the boys seem excited. "Dibs!", one of them says, but another hits his elbow into his ribs, "Nuh-uh! I saw her first!" - "No, slinthead!" - "Uh-huh!" - "You never get her!" - "She looks scared!"

"Quiet!", a strong voice outdoes all the other voices. He seems to be the leader. It's probably time to get out of the metal box...

Alby:

"Welcome to the glade, Greenie. My name is Alby and I'm the leader. Let me help you up", a dark skinned boy with the strong voice holds out his hand for you to grab it. A brief moment you are not quite sure if you can trust him or anyone of the boys generally. His brown eyes meet your (e/c) ones.

A sigh escapes your mouth as you grab his hand to climb out of the box. That's maybe your only chance to escape, but where? You focus all your attention to the big stone walls. "Can you remember your name?", Alby snaps you out of your thoughts with his friendly question. "I'm (Y/N), but that's everything I know", you introduce yourself to him.

To cheer you up he puts his hand on your shoulder. "I know, we all have been through this. I'll give you a tour and show you everything, alright?", to be honest you don't want to see everything. The only question in your head is how you can escape from this... nightmare? Slowly you nod in agreement.

"And you all go back to work! The show is over!", Alby commands almost yelling so everybody can hear him. Some of the boys roll their eyes, but they do what he said. Carefully you throw a glance over your shoulder to look at the stone walls. "I know what you are thinking. I promise that I'll explain you everything. Just don't run away", it's like he reads your thoughts. "Okay, lead the way."

Gally:

"Help her up, Gally!", the leader says to one of the boys. "I can do it alone. Thank you!", you answer instead of him and climb out of the metal box without help. Some of the boys exchange glances. "Nice! She's a feisty one!", one of them commands the situation amused.

"Am I a piece of meat? Don't look at me like that", you snap at the boys, while you cross your arms in front of your chest. To be honest you didn't feel uncomfortable surrounded by the boys at all, but you don't like their stares. "Alright, back to work! It's good to see that you can handle them, Greenie. I'm Alby", the boy who seems to be the leader gives you a slight smile.

"My name is (Y/N). Uh... I don't want to be rude, but where the hell am I?", of course you have noticed the big stone walls. It's looks like all of you are trapped. "It's your new home, Greenie", someone joins the conversation without permission. It's the boy who was supposed to help you out of the box.

"I can't remember that I asked you for an answer", you glare at him for a brief moment. To your surprise a slight smile appears on his face. "Great, we got a troublemaker", Gally replies unimpressed. Alby shoves you into his direction softly. "Okay, you two get along well. Give her the tour, Gally", he adds to his gesture. The two of you sigh in unison.

Minho:

"Need help?", a blond haired boy asks you friendly and holds out his hand for you to grab it. "Be careful. She looks like she's going to bite you", another boy warns his friend amused. You glare at him with narrowed eyes, then you climb out of the metal box. Their help is the last thing you need right now.

Before they can react you push your way through the group and run for your dear life. "We got a Runner!", someone exclaims yelling, while you make your way to the passage between the stone walls. That's your way to your freedom."Run, hot shot!" - "Nice show!" - "She is running to the Maze!"

In the last moment you can stop yourself before you crash into the boy who comes from the passage. You are not quite sure who looks more surprised. As fast as you can you turn around to find another way to escape. "Wait!", he tries to grab your arm, but you are faster. The only thing you know is you wouldn't stop running until you are far away from here.

Shocked you stop in your movement. There are stone walls everywhere. You are trapped with the boys in here. To be honest your great plan didn't go well.. Suddenly someone bumps into you so you fall to the ground. "Gotcha, Greenie!", the boy from the passage laughs into your ear. You push him away from you, while you roll your eyes. "I'm Minho... Are you trying to kill me with your stare?", he asks you still smiling. "Yes, but it doesn't work, right?", you reply sassy, "My name is (Y/N)."

Newt:

"Hey, are you alright?", one of the boys asks you worried, while he holds out a hand for you to grab it. "Yes, I guess", you reply not sure if you can trust them. After a brief moment you take his hand so he can help you to climb out of the box. "Woah", is the only word in your head right now.

There are around five dozens boys looking at you. Not a single girl. "Welcome to the Glade. I'm Alby, the leader here. Do you remind your name?", a dark skinned boy introduces himself friendly. "(Y/N)", you answer mumbling. The glances of the boys make you a bit uncomfortable.

"Great, we got a girly girl", another boy says sighing which makes you really angry. "You shouldn't underestimate me", you reply ready to start a fight with him. He looks at you amused and crosses his arms in front of his chest. "What do you want to do? Bite me?" Suddenly someone steps between the two of you.

"Gally, it's enough. I'll give her the tour", it's the boy who helped you out of the box. "And the others go back to your work!", Alby adds with his strong voice. You get shoved away from the group. "That was pretty cool. I'm Newt by the way", he introduces himself smiling.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you. Uh... Let me guess. I have to deal with him more often than I actually want, right?", you reply friendly. "Don't worry I'll try to keep him away from you", Newt promises.

Thomas:

"Don't worry, we won't hurt you", a quite handsome boy offers you his hand to grab it. You don't know why, but you feel that you can trust him. Maybe it's the friendly smile on his lips. Hesitantly you put your hand in his so the boy can help you out of the metal box.

A bit surprised you count more boys you have seen from below. You notice a big passage between the stone walls. Maybe that's the way to your freedom. First things first you need a good plan to escape... Without thinking you start to run like a maniac and push your way through the group. The boys don't seem surprised about your reaction.

"There she goes!" - "She's definitely a Runner!" - "Guys, is she running to the Maze?" - "You, shuck faces!"

Even if the last word confuses you a little bit you don't turn around or stop to run. Unfortunately you break the first rule during an escape. You throw just a brief glance over your shoulder to see that the boy who helped you chases you now.

Suddenly you stumble over your own two feet and fall to the ground. "Are you alright?", he asks you heavily panting. You almost can't hear the concern in his voice, because the group of boys laugh about your impact with the ground. "I'm alright", you stand up, while you wipe the blood from your lip away.

"Don't worry about these shuck faces. I'm Thomas", he introduces himself friendly. "(Y/N)", you tell him your name. "Come on. I show you everything."