Jumping to conclusions

{Present Day}
I walk into the bathroom, brushing out my hair and putting it into a braid. "Newt?! Are you ready?" I call as I out my earings in. We always had date nights, once a week. And tonight was the night. The anniversary of our marriage and my birthday.

When he doesn't answer I start to get concerned. "Babe?! You ready?!" I call again.

I roll my eyes when he doesn't answer.

Great this is all I need right now. We're already late for our reservation.

I sigh as I smooth out my dresss. I walk out of the bathroom and them downstairs. Expecting to see Newt all ready with his tux on but instead I see something I wish I hadn't.

"Newt....put the bottle down.." I whisper calmly.

He smirks. His eyes bloodshot. Shuck. He's drunk.

"Newt why?" I cry as I begin to back away. "Why would you do this?!"

"Come on babyyyyy I just had one bloody drink!" He slurs.

My heart pounds and I shake my head. "Just go lay down. You need to lay down and sleep. I'll get you some water." I say as I walk towards him.

I place my hand on his arm. "Come on. I'll take you to bed." I smile weakly.

He grabs my wrist. Squeezing it tight. "Get your hand off me." He says through gritted teeth.

My breath hitches in my throat. "Newt....your hurting me..." I whimper and try to pull my hand away.

He squeezes it tighter. I let out a yelp of pain. "Newt stop it!" I scream, kicking his shin.

"Your gonna bloody pay for that!" He yells as I run upstairs.

I slam the bedroom door, riping my dress off and sliding down the wall, pulling my knees to my chest and crying into them.