Chapter 12

A/N: This chapter is going to be about a duelling thing I posted before but Wattpad decided to be a butt and delete it.....😓. Long story short, the duelling thing will be about 2-3 chapters long. I hope you guys are enjoying this story. I've been having a good time writing for you all :). Again, short chapter...sorry guys! I'm still feeling yucky. Also, I'm using the Battle City model disk as the reader's (your) custom disk. Hope you enjoy this chapter guys!! Chapter has been edited slightly.

I can feel the night beginning.
Separate me from the living.
Understanding me,
After all I've seen.
Piecing every thought together,
Find the words to make me better.
If I only knew how to pull myself apart.

All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I can't ignore alone at night.
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.
Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.

I believe that dreams are sacred.
Take my darkest fears and play them
Like a lullaby,
Like a reason why,
Like a play of my obsessions,
Make me understand the lesson,
So I'll find myself,
So I won't be lost again.

-All That I'm Living For by Evanescence

***The next day***

You let out a soft heave of frustration as you cleaned your room. It's like this room hasn't been cleaned in centuries or something. It's disgusting. You shake your head and go back to cleaning. This is so gross!!

You had finally finished cleaning (much to your happiness), and you stare at your deck. You recalled the horrible memories from when you had duelled the phoenix fiends. That was an almost tragic duel. You shake away the unwanted memories, your mind thinking of the aftermath of the battle itself. I don't think anyone would want to go through that again. Not only did everyone almost perish, they almost lost themselves to the darkness. The duelling thing held by KaibaCorp will start soon and I have no intention of entering it. Not after what I went through back in that creepy forest. You were happy that you didn't have to go to school today. This is why the weekend is the best....to a certain degree. You sigh to yourself and shuffle your deck.

You look through your cards, wondering which ones you would use in the duelling tournament. Your eyes wander to the extra deck laying on top of your desk. There were cards there that you had never used. You look through the unused deck and become surprised at what you find. These spells and traps....they're like the ones dad used before. Why are they here though? You saw Dark World Grimoire, Dust Barrier, Card of Sanctity, Magic Drain, Rebound and many other similar cards. These could be really useful. You then begin to write out possible card combos so you wouldn't fall into a tough spot. You just hoped that you wouldn't be at a stalemate with these combinations.

You look at your duel disk and think to yourself, "Time to make this duel disk into something that reflects my personality and duelling style." You wipe the sweat off of your forehead and say to yourself, "That looks pretty good for a duel disk made from spare parts I found lying around the room." You add, "Now what else am I missing? Oh yeah!" You paint a small wand logo onto the center of the disk. You conclude, "Now it looks good." You place the other deck back in its original place and look through your own deck once more. You hear something downstairs, your breathing stops at the sound. What was that?

You call out, "Hello? Is anyone there?" You try to listen for a reply, your heart beginning to race in fear of what would appear before you. You exhale in relief when you see your friends (except for Yugi and Téa) smiling sheepishly. You ask, "Alright, what happened?" You add, "I'm not going to interrogate anyone, I just want an explanation." Joey was the one to respond, "You haven't seen Yugi anywhere, have you?" You said, "I thought that he would be at home with his grandfather." Tristan responds, "That's the thing, he isn't there. We even looked around the game shop." Duke adds, "Not only that, don't you think it's strange how he just got up and disappeared?" You respond, "Wait, why would he just vanish all of a sudden? It makes no sense...unless-" Joey said, "Unless what?" You reply, "Unless there's another reason why this is happening, it can't just be a coincidence, it's more likely to be a setup for something else. There's more to a disappearance than just words and confusing maps. It's a lot more complex than that, guys."

Yugi groaned, "Where am I?" "Yugi." He becomes shocked at who he sees, "A-Atem?!? I thought-" The spirit spoke gravely, "Yugi, there is something that you need to know. Something that not only affects you, but the entire fate of the world."

"Wait a second! How do you know if Yugi might be in the forest like before?" You reply, "It's the only place that spirits go to if they want to settle something or to warn someone of something that might endanger someone else's life."

Yugi said, "Wait...what?!??" Atem responds, "There are dark spirits that are attempting to come into the afterlife. Your friend is the only one that can help. Y/N was it?" Yugi responds, "How is Y/N supposed to stop these things? She may be smart but I don't think that she has a clue of how to find some menacing bad guys." Atem replies, "That is not true, Yugi.'' The blond questioned, "What do you mean by that?" Something appeared in front of the both of them, prompting Yugi to give the ancient spirit a puzzled yet intrigued look. "Go on, open it." Yugi opened the box and said, "This is one of Y/N's cards from her deck. What are you trying to say exactly?" Atem said, "I'm trying to say that the fight against the immorality of the enemy isn't over yet."

You and the others were trying to figure out where Yugi might have gone. "Yugi! Where are you, pal?!?" Joey's constant calling for him didn't help with your concentration. How can he disappear like this? Why do I have the feeling that this isn't the end of this madness? Yugi, where have you gone? You look around, stopping when you hear something crush underneath your boot. "What's up, Y/N? Find something?" You said, "Guys, we aren't alone." Duke asks, "Are you sure you're not hallucinating?" You reply, "I'm sure, and I know that something or someone is watching us." Tristan questioned, "Who would be watching us?'' You answer, "The enemy."