Hide x reader

This was requested by: @the_fandom_shipper .

Warning: Kind of sad.. I may have teared up a little while writing this.
-------------------------------------

Ever since you were a little girl you admired the sun. You loved how it had a never ending glow that warmed the earth, made flowers grow and seas sparkle. Every evening when the sun would set, you'd sit by your window; watching with sadness in your eyes as it went away until morning.

Sometimes you considered yourself like the moon. Always gloomy, dark and distant. Waiting until the day that you met your sun and your life would finally be illuminated..

Your life had always been a hard one. Well, with your parents divorce, your studies and your constant self loathing. You were always one to look at things in a pessimistic point of view. I mean, who wouldn't when their life was complete and utter chaos? The only time you really felt useful was when you were in college.

And that's where you met him..

Hideyoshi Nagachika was his name. The day you met him was one you'd be forever grateful for because that was the day you finally met your sun.

You remembered how his eyes use to sparkle with admiration as he listened to you hum a sweet tune when you were studying. You remembered how he used to knock on your door and drag you with him and kaneki to whatever they were doing despite your protests. You remember how he hugged you from behind and whispered sweet nothings in your ear, making you giggle with delight. You remembered how great you felt in his presence, like nothing in the world could stop the two of you.

But you also remember how he faked a smile when his best friend went missing. How he assured you that he was okay even though you knew better. How he'd go away at night to search and refuse to bring you with him, though you knew why. You remembered how he had told you that he was going to bring back his best friend and you would all be reunited again. You remembered how he said he loved you with the saddest look in his once bright eyes as he left to go.

Out of everything you remembered.. The one thing you wouldn't forget is how you followed him into the sewer.. Only to find no one but a disheveled Kaneki laying in the cold sewer water.

Only to find that your sun was gone, leaving your world dim and lifeless. Leaving only the moon, waiting until her sun would rise again.