Chapter 7 - The Loss of One....Nah Just Kidding

Chapter 7

The Loss of One....Nah Just Kidding

I woke up to the sound of screaming and opened my eyes to see Simon a few feet away, Valentine stood over him, in the corner was the werewolf Magnus had helped...Maria I think her name was, no Maia. I heard a thud and looked over as Simon fell over, his throat lined with blood. In Valentine's hand was the sword, which was covered in blood. My eyes widened and I started pulling on the bounds that held me." your a monster" I screamed but he didn't even look at me as he spoke.

" I had such high hopes for you Marissa, but now it seems I'll have to teach you what happens when you defy me" he walked over to me and I tried to move away only to have the bounds cut into my wrist, causing me to flinch." when I take down the Clave, I'll make sure that you my lovely Marissa, have the best view to watch Idris burn to the ground" he whispered in my ear and I took the opportunity to spit on his face. He stood up wiping the spit from his face before raising the sword. I closed my eyes prepared for the blow but it never came. When I opened my eyes he was gone, I looked over at Simon and tears filled my eyes. Me and Clary's childhood friend was gone, this time forever. Tears filled my eyes and I looked away." Rissa is he...is Simon..." tears filled her eyes as I nodded.

" oh Simon..." She whispered.

After awhile I heard a thud and looked over to see Clary." Clary " I gasped and she looked over." Rissa what-"

" no time to explain" I quickly told her cutting her off just as Maia told her what happened to Simon. Clary pulled out a stele and got us free, before cutting a hole in the wall making my eyes widen. Maia went through first before Clary followed, when she was almost through, I was about to follow when something grabbed me and threw me against the wall. " Marissa you are really starting to annoy me with your disobedience and you, always your mother's daughter, Clarissa. What have you done now" I pulled myself up into a sitting position as he asked"the werewolf girl, where is she"

I didn't answer as he yanked Clary back through the hole and threw her to the floor next to me. She glared at him before spitting blood on his shoes. For a second true anger showed on his face, before he walked over to the hole in the wall. Clary started looking for the stele, but before she could get it, Valentine kicked out her reach and it fell through the hole making my eyes widen. He told us to get up and slowly we stood. He grabbed clary by the shoulders and his eyes flickered over to me." you will follow Marissa or do I have to make you" he asked and I sighed before opening my wings, wincing as it ripped open the back of my shirt. He let out a whistle and a demon appeared before grabbing them and flying off. I took off after them, barely able to keep up with the flying demon. I heard Clary scream as we suddenly turned, along with Valentine's laugh making me glare at him. I sped up a little, managing to almost run into a wall as they suddenly disappeared into a tunnel. Rolling my eyes followed after them, stumbling as I landed." I hate flying" I mumbled before noticing the bowls of blood. Valentine started taunting Clary about the relationship she had with Jace and glared at him as he told her Jace's greatest fear.

Clary tried to tell him that he was wrong but he simply laughed making me glare at him as he tried the whole' I am your father' speech, making me want to throw-up." your not our father" I snapped at him" Luke is, we have been over this" I pointed out.

"Is that so" he said before pointing out that we were to young to understand making me point something else out" Hey, I am 2 minutes older then her, plus I am an observer and you, are an idiot"

He ignored my comment by telling Clary about how cruel Downworlders could be. I noticed Clary move to block his view of the sword and sent her a look.

Using our sister connection we talked with our eyes. With a smirk I snapped my fingers causing the sword to disappear, only to reappear in my hand. A pain shot through me and I dropped the sword." I knew you would try Marissa." As he said this he picked up the sword from where I had dropped it and smirked before stabbing through the stomach." Such a disappointment" he whispered before everything went black.