The Next Day

Anyway, Midas didn't hear his sister and went to visit her web the next day. As it turns out, Arachne was as so hungry she could eat about 4 horses and a human. Since she had already had the 4 horses, she was looking for the rest of her meal and found a broken shaft of an arrow next to a hardly living body. The thing she thought was most curious about the arrow was that it was pure gold, as if her brother had touched it. Looking down at the man, for that was what it was, she looked for the distinctive signs of her brother: the cute upturned nose (which she found), the beautiful brown eyes (which she also found), and the barley-like blonde hair (which she found with no problem). She first had to see if he also had the golden touch, like her brother. She kicked a leaf over towards his fingertips and as soon as it touched Midas' precious fingers, it turned solid gold.

She tried to parley with Athena, and succeeded. Athena took away Midas' golden touch. During the rest of the daylight hours, Arachne fussed over her brother. Arachne carried him back to their house after dark so no one would freak and try to kill her, dropped him on his bed, and went to find the rest of her meal someplace else.