trente

"Michael! Oh my god! Nurse! I need a nurse! He opened his eyes!!" Luke yells tears falling rapidly down his cheeks.

Nurses run in surrounding me with shocked faces, "Hey you're awake! How do you feel honey?" The nurse asks holding my wrist and checking her watch to count my pulse.

When I try to speak it hurts, my mouth is so dry. I look around and point to the water bottle on the table. Luke looks to where I pointing and quickly grabs the water and holds it to my mouth to drink.

"Daddy!!" I hear my youngest yell and I can't help but smile, she quickly jumps up by my side, "You're alive!" I kind of frown, I was so confused. What had happened?

"Honey, calm down. Go tell your sister that your dad's awake. Give us a moment." She frowns but nods.

Luke sits down on the bed side still crying, he holds my hand lightly like if he touched me I'd break.

"Luke?" My voice cracks, "What's going on? What happened?"

He lets out a sob, "We were fighting and you left the house," he hiccups, "and a car hit you. We thought you weren't gonna wake up. It's been 3 months Michael. I'm so sorry babe." I feel tears start to wet my cheeks.

"Stop crying love." I say wiping his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"Don't be. Kiss me." Then he does, and it feels so amazing. It's just like the first time we kissed soft and sweet and perfect. I'm so in love with him.

••••

4 weeks later I'm leaving the hospital with my family by my side, as we leave multiple people are outside and quickly start to take pictures of us, it's been so long since this has happened after the band split up things began to die down, but apparently since the accident they've been here everyday, along with old fans.

Luke quickly gets us to the car once he notices that I'm very uncomfortable.

"We're going home!" Luke says cheerfully looking over at me before grabbing my hand. He leans over and kisses me and I can't help but smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too Luke." I say.

"I love you daddy's!" Jade my youngest yells from the back.

"We love you guys too." We both smile.

••
I close the journal smiling as I finish the last page.

I head out to the kitchen where my family is making cupcakes for movie night dancing around singing along to some old one direction song. I smile leaning against the doorway.

"Hey Mikey." Luke says snaking his arms around my waist leaning his head against mine watching our kids dance and laugh.

"Hey Lukey." I says leaving a kiss on his forehead, he tilts his head so he's looking at me.

"I'm so happy you're here." He smiles.

"Me too."

The end.