Chapter 1

"Daddy! Daddy! Get up! "

The very first words I hear as I feel my bed shake completely. Before I have time to open my eyes I feel small arms around my neck. Opening my eyes I see my 3 year old hanging around my neck with the biggest smile possible.

" Good Morning Maddi. How my little birdie today?"

I asked scooping her in my arms and bringing her closer to me. She giggles and buries her head in the crook of my neck.

" Good. I want to see the baby but he's sleeping." I look at the clock the bright red numbers read 4:53 am. I roll my eyes at the habits of my little early bird.

" Baby he's still asleep because that's what babies do. Actually at this time of the morning it's exactly what you should be doing. Go on. Scoot. Go back to bed sweetie and I promise you waffles"

Her eyes light up at the mention of waffles. If there is one way to Maddi's heart it is definitely waffles. I help her out of the bed, for she is a clumsy one. When Madison leaves the room I lay there for ten whole minutes thinking about how big my kids are getting. No sooner had the thought crossed my mind that Emmett would growing up soon too, did I hear a small faint cry over the baby monitor on my nightstand. I look over at the clock and it reads 5:15am. Well, Time to get my day started.

I know. I know. Its short but it's a start. The beginning may be slow But that's only because I have plans for this story and I have for a while.