Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jimmy walks down the sidewalk alone. She's lost in thought of everything Jonah had just explained. The final battle isn't going to be one blood shedding battle, but rather one long battle that consists of random attacks and strategy. This, however, is not what is troubling Jimmy. She is lost in thought about Jator, and the fact that one clan will be killed off completely. She never expected this day to come, the final battle, and it had never came to her mind that she may have to actually kill him. He is the one who had taught her how to use a gun, and even after that she had seen him every once in awhile. He would tell her stories, give her some advice, and all the while Jonah had been telling her to stay away. Now she realizes exactly why Jonah had warned her. "What have I got myself into, dammit!" She yells as she punches a building as hard as she can, making her knuckles bleed. "Dammit..." She murmurs to herself, looking at the damage. "Now that didn't accomplish much, did it?" A gruff voice says. Jimmy snaps her head up, glaring. She sees a man leaning against the same building, looking at her with a cigarette in his mouth. Wait, she looks closer. Not just any man, but the same one she had bumped into earlier. "What business of yours is it anyways, huh?" She snaps at him, glaring. His face is expressionless, bored if anything. He doesn't reply, but rather takes another puff while looking at her. She narrows her eyes at him, taking a step back. "What's your problem, huh? Who the hell do you think you are, walking up to me and speaking as if I'm some kind of inferior?" She spits at him. He blinks, discarding the cigarette butt to the ground. "Who said anything about being inferior? All I asked is what did you accomplish by hitting the wall with anger. Did you ever consider is was an honest question, rather than assuming that it was meant as an insult?" He says calmly, still not taking his eyes from her. She flushes with embarrassment, looking angrier than ever. "What?! But... Who the hell are you." She asks through gritted teeth, wanting to remember the name of the person she would have to make suffer later. There's a long pause, causing an awkward tension around the two. She looks at him again. Did he look smug? Was he deliberately making the situation awkward? "My name is Timothy. I'm not sure I know what your name is, though." He says calmly once more. Jimmy registers the name and face. Bright green eyes and dirty blond hair that stuck up in an odd spiky way. Two new things she notices is his scarf, and a scar above his right eye. "You don't know who I am? Everyone-" she is cut off. "I never said I didn't know who you are, I said I don't know your name." He says simply. She grits her teeth with anger. "My name is Jimmy, if you simply must know. And you better not-" "You're lying." He says, narrowing his eyes at her. Her eyes widen in surprise, and she takes a step toward him. "And what's that suppose to mean, huh? Are you calling me a liar?" He blinks, unfazed by the advancement. "I suppose so. I don't know what your real name is, but if you prefer to be called Jimmy then I'll just call you that." He says, reaching for another cigarette. Her jaw drops, and she looks at him with disgust. "You may as well forget about it because I'm not speaking with you anymore!" She shouts, jabbing him in the chest with a finger. She turns and runs off, and when she looks back he's still in the same spot, looking at the sky as he smokes.

She runs inside her home, going to rinse her bloody fist in the sink. "What happened?" Jonah asks, looking at the damage. He walks to a cupboard, pulling out some bandage. "Just had to deal with some asshole is all."