Preface: October

× Homesick ×

Word Count: 7.6k

Troye hates hospitals almost as much as he hates the rest of the world. He hates stupid pediatric nurses with their stupid pink scrubs and he hates the scolding looks they give him as they tell him he's lucky to be here. Troye doesn't feel lucky. If he'd had it his way, he wouldn't be here, wouldn't even be alive anymore. He's not being over-dramatic or selfish or whatever other bullshit they seem to have latched onto- he's just being honest.

So, naturally, he's less than pleased when he gets transferred up to psych until they decide he's no longer 'a danger to himself'. The whole thing is stupid. Stupid and pointless and a waste of everyone's time except maybe that cute boy who doesn't really belong in the crazy ward they're both stuck in. Maybe it's not that stupid after all.

Warnings: mentions/discussion of attempted suicide, mentions/discussion of gun violence, mentions/discussion of medical issues both physical and mental. (Very family-friendly.)

× Next To Me ×

Word Count: 6.2k

Connor and Troye have been best friends since before they even knew what friends were. It's always been Connor & Troye, Troye & Connor, never one without the other until suddenly they're miles apart and living entirely separate lives on entirely different continents. While Troye takes the separation hard, calling his other half at every possible minute and staying up at night worrying, Connor's moving on to new friends and bigger things. Which, of course, explains how somehow Troye ends up confessing to being in love with him out of absolutely nowhere. To put it lightly, he's just as shocked as Connor is.

× Watermark ×

Word Count: 3.2k

Connor's always loved the ocean, despite the paralyzing fear of drowning he's carried just as deeply. It's not until he catches sight of someone drowning out in the midst of it, though, that he finds himself face to face with his grating unease over the crashing tide, his feet in the water and toes curled into the wet sand he's never been so near before. Suddenly, he's saved a beautiful boy from his own greatest fear and finds himself helping a stranger remember a life Connor's not entirely sure is worth the effort. Still, Troye is adamant on discovering the past slipping through soaked fingers and Connor somehow ends up coming along for the ride. Someone's going to have to be there for those ocean blue eyes when he finally realizes some things may be better left forgotten, after all.