Pilot

LOVE BITES
Taylor Gilbert stretched. She sighed, today was the day her sisters and her would go back to school and be questioned constantly about the accident. But we've had all summer, she told herself firmly, we can do this. She got changed into her school clothes and ran downstairs.

"Toast. I can make toast." Jenna Sommers said unconvincingly.
"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena Gilbert drawled.
"Is there coffee?" Bailey Gilbert asked hopefully.
"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna sighed.
"I'm good." Taylor declined.
"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna asked, confused.
"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Taylor asked.
"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" Jenna groaned, looking at her watch.
"Then go. We'll be fine. You okay?" Elena asked Bailey and Jeremy Gilbert
"Don't start." they both replied in unison before leaving. Taylor shrugged at Elena who gave her a small smile in return.
---
"So Grams is telling us we're psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and Lucille predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands...Elena! Taylor! Back in the car." Bonnie rambled on.
"We did it again, didn't we? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling us that..." Elena trailed off.
"That we're psychic now." Bonnie said, smiling proudly.
"Right. Okay, then predict something. About me." Elena said, skeptically.
"I see..." Bonnie began. A crow hit their car. Elena and Taylor screamed and Bonnie gasped. Lucille just took a headphone out of her ear and looked around.

"What was that?! Oh, my god! Elena, taylor, are you okay?" Bonnie said, horror stricken.
"It's okay. I'm fine. We're fine" Elena said. "Tay?" Taylor's skin had gone white but she managed to nod.
"It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie explained.
"Really, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life. We can't" Elena said.
"I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are going to be beyond happy." Bonnie said with a small smile.
A crow sat on top of a road sign.
---
"Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beech. She looks like a hot - can I still say "tranny mess"?" Bonnie exclaimed.
"No, that's over." Lucille smirked.
"Ahh, find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year." Bonnie groaned.
Elena waved to Matt. He looked at her coldly and then slammed his locker shut.

"He hates me." Elena sighed, turning away.
"That's not hate. That's "you dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it, but I'm secretly listening to Air Supply's greatest hits"" Taylor said in an unimpressed voice.

"Taylor. Elena. Oh, my god." Caroline Forbes said as she walked over to them. She threw her arms around Elena, squeezing tightly.

"How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How are they? Are they good?" Caroline asked Lucille.
"Caroline, we're right here. And we're fine. Thank you." Taylor said with a smile. Caroline turned to her with a look of disbelief
"Really?"
"Yes. Much better." She said with a fake grin.
"Oh, you poor things" Caroline frowned, hugging Taylor this time.

"Okay, Caroline." Taylor gasped for air.
"Care, let them have air" Adrianna Forbes, Caroline's non identical twin, chuckled.
"Oh! Okay, see you guys later?" Caroline said with a bright green.
"OK! Bye!" Lucille said perkily, waving.
With that, Caroline stormed down the hall, Adrianna chasing after her.
"No comment" Elena chuckled.
"I'm not going to say anything." Lucille agreed.

---

"Don't take more than two in a six-hour window." Jeremy instructed.
Vicki Donovan took the pills.
"Hey, Vicki. I knew I'd find you here with the crackheads." Tyler Lockwood said before seeing Bailey looking unimpressed.
"And Bailey Gilbert! How the mighty have fallen!"
"Tyler, if this is your way of getting into my pants, it's not working" Bailey dead panned.
"Hey." Vicky interrupted, looking pleadingly at Tyler. He dropped the fight with Bailey.
"Hey, Pete Wentz called. He wants his nail polish back." He said, instead turning to Jeremy.
"Pete Wentz, huh? How old school T.R.L. of you. Carson Daly fan?" Jeremy asked mockingly.
"Oh, Ty, be nice. That's Elena's little brother. And her sister" Vicki smiled.
"I know who he is. I'll still kick his ass. And as for the first class slut...she's not as hot as you" Tyler smiled at Vicky.
They kissed.
Bailey made a face of disgust as she drank from her flask.
--
"Hold up. Who's this?" Bonnie asked,looking at two new students with their backs turned to the four girls.
"All I see is back." Taylor chuckled.
"It's a hot back." Lucille smirked.
---
"Your records are incomplete. You're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts." The secretary said, frowning.
"Please look again. I'm sure everything you need is there." Stefan said, compelling the secretary.
"Well, you're right. So it is." The secretary nodded.
---
"I'm sensing Seattle, and he plays the guitar. You take the girl, Luce" Bonnie instructed
"High class diva with a sense of entitlement" Lucille smirked.
"You're really going to run this whole psychic thing into the ground, huh?" Elena chuckled.
"Pretty much." Bonnie nodded.