Chapter 7

Jason opened his eyes and blinked. He felt much stronger than before and sat up only to find the place all quiet. "That's strange." he thought. "Hello! Hello!" he hollered. Jason scratched his head. "Where's everybody gone?"he said to himself standing up. "Hello! Is anyone here?"he hollered again. There was not a single sound. Jason had not a hint where everyone was....until he entered another room. There was a note on the table that read:
Dear Jason,
Sorry. We were in a rush to find a person Greg claimed to have seen. He claimed it was definitely not a mutant. The person looked rather suspicious as he wore sunglasses and had a formal suit on; like a spy, Greg said. We hope we can meet again. As for now, please take care of yourself. We advise you to stay in the Fortress till we come back. If we don't come back by late afternoon, you can try to look for us and go outside. Make sure you are well armed and stay alert.
Sincerely, Us nine.

Jason wasted no time in doing exactly what the letter told him to do. He sat at the window eagerly waiting for the party's return. But they did not return that afternoon, nor late afternoon, nor in the evening! He had a bad feeling, what if something terrible had befallen them. There was no time to lose. He grabbed his machete and gun and left the Fortress. He walked along a narrow path his trusty weapon grasped in the palm of his hand not knowing where he was going and hoping he would meet them by chances.(Although chances that he wold meet them accidentally were really slim)He met them but that has to be saved for later on.