Chapter 7

"Oh sorry," I mumbled, following Alfie into his room. He chuckled and rolled his eyes at me, before going over to a large set of drawers beneath the window. He rummaged around in one and pulled out a grey shirt, and shut the drawer and turned back to me.
"You can wear this if it'll be more comfortable," he smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. I giggled and took it from him.
"Are pants not an option?" I smirked, raising an eyebrow. His eyes widened and Alfie blushed.
"Oh, uhm... Well, do you want to sleep in here and I'll sleep on the lounge so you can just not wear pants?" he asked. "Oh wait no-!" I laughed and shook my head.
"I know what you meant," I sighed, still smiling. I pushed all my hair back off my face with my hand and inhaled sharply.
"Thanks for everything Alfie," I smiled up at him. He smiled back and pulled me into a hug.
"Don't worry about it Kaylee," I smiled against his chest and then pulled away.
"I should probably.." I motioned to the shirt and then the bed. Alfie eventually got the hint and rushed around the room collecting his things.
"Uh, yeah. Night Kaylee," he chuckled and shut the door behind him. I sighed and looked around, tight lipped and mind cluttered with thoughts. I eventually decided to get undressed, leaving my clothes in a neat pile on the floor, and I climbed into the bed. It was warm under the quilt, and it smelt like Alfie. I would've preferred if it smelt like Marcus, but just being in a bed that wasn't yours was a bit of a strange, but nice feeling. I felt my eyes get heavier and I eventually fell asleep.

**

I woke up with a jolt, momentarily forgetting where I was and what I was doing. Eventually, the night flooded back and I felt myself get exhausted and disorientated with thoughts running a million miles and hour through my mind. I took and few deep breaths and fell back into the pillows. Suddenly, the door burst open and Alfie and Caspar were standing there, both shirtless and hair ruffled from sleep.
"Are you okay?" Alfie asked, quickly walking to the side of the bed and sitting down.
"You screamed and scared the crap out of me," Caspar followed and knelt on the floor beside my head. I sat up on my elbows and nodded.
"I don't remember my dream or anything but I just woke up really confused," I groaned, rubbing my head. Caspar rubbed my shoulder and Alfie gave a grim face.
"Do you want to come watch a movie for a but just to calm down?” Caspar suggested. I nodded and they stood back up, and then looked back at me when I didn’t move.
“Pants situation,” I mumbled, motioning to my legs. Caspar raised an eyebrow and Alfie laughed. He went back to the drawers and pulled out a pair of long pants and threw them to me.
“They might be a bit big but they’ll be okay I think,” he smiled as I pulled them on under the quilt. He was right, they were big, but I just held them up as I walked over to the lounge. I collapsed next to Caspar who put an arm around me, and tried to stay awake. I barely paid attention to the movie, and found my eyes getting heavy again.
“It’s okay, you can sleep,” I heard Caspar whisper softly. I shuffled closer into his arms and succumbed to my exhaustion.