twenty

Bad idea.

Bad idea.

Bad idea.

Bad idea.

Bad idea.

The words ring over and over again in my head, yet nothing changes the fact that Dylan will becoming over to my house in exactly fifteen minutes for our first date.

"Your first date with him and you're wearing a Supernatural shirt." Vanessa criticizes me, "One day, you're going to have kids, and they'll be like, 'what'd you wear on your first date with Dad', and you'll be like 'Oh, a Supernatural T-shirt. I was a nerd'."

I stand up, "You're not helping, stay away from me."

"Okie dokie!" She says, still watching me look at myself in the mirror.

I roll my eyes, fixing my hair, "Why would I take advice from you? It's not like you have a boyfriend or date anyone ever anyway."

I see a hurt look in Vanessa eyes and I see I've pushed the limits. She glares, "Whatever, Willa." Before she steps out of the room.

Darn it. I know I've hurt her feelings. I'll apologize to her later. I'm just so nervous! It's not my fault I can't control how anxious I am! The butterflies have come back.

I sigh, walking out of my room.

I look in the pantry again. Why on earth did we decide to do this? Baking? On the first official date. Vanessa is right, one day, my kids (weather they're with Dylan or not) are going to think I'm totally lame.

I call back to the hallway, as I look at the clock. Dylan should be here any minute.

"Kitty, Vanessa, are you two almost ready to go?"

"Don't get your panties in a wad, we'll leave in a minute!" Kitty yells back.

There's no response from Vanessa. I guess she's mad at me.....

Kitty and Vanessa will be going out for a girls night while Dylan and I hang out around here. Part of me wishes they would stay here so I wouldn't be alone with Dylan, but that would also be really awkward.

A second later, Vanessa walks out, wearing a simple south-westerners styled dress and Kitty follows her in a red lacey one. Kitty laughs a little, "We're not even going on a date and we look dressier than you."

I roll my eyes, "Just leave."

"Yes, master." Kitty winks.

Vanessa leaves without looking at me.

Ugggggh.

I mutter nervously, pushing them towards the door. "I hope your evening is more beautiful than a unicorn farting rainbows."

"Aw, we're touched."

I hear the front door close and I make my way back into the kitchen. Nervous. Nervous. Why am I so NERVOUS!? Maybe I should change? I grab some ingredients out of the fridge. Yeah, I should change clothes. Just let me-

There's a knock at the front door.

Crap.

I start to head for the front door, but then I hear it open, "Bonita? You in here?"

I blink, a little startled, "Yeah! In the kitchen!"

I hear footsteps and soon, Dylan stands in the kitchen doorway, "Hey!"