Chapter 8. Better

Kayla's POV

  I opened my eyes and saw a sleeping newt In The chair next to me. I smiled as Clint walked in.

" glad your up. Here's a shot you take for the pain. " he said and sat a box next to my bed. I smiled at him and newt woke up.

"Kayla!" He said and hugged me. I chuckled and he pulled away.

"You look like klunk." He said  and I rolled my eyes.

" wow thanks." I said sarcastically. He smiled. I sat up and pain shot through my leg.

" oh yeah, I made you some crutches. You know to walk." He said and I smiled.

" thanks bro." I mumbled as he helped me up. It took me a few minutes to get used to the crutches but I did. I walked out into the glade with newt by my side.

" where's Thomas?" I asked and he smiled.

" working, Minho told me about you and tom. But just so you know I don't like it one bit but if your happy I can make and exception." He said and I smiled. I kissed his cheek and we went to the kitchen.

" glad to see you up Kayla." Frypan said and I smiled at him. He handed me a sandwich and I gladly ate it. I finished he delicious food and looked up. I saw Thomas walk out of the med-jacks and was looked around nervously. I smiled and got up, grabbing my crutches and walking to where he can see me.

  He ran to me and hugged me.

" I'm so glad your okay." He whispered as his strong arms rested around my waist. I smiled and pulled away and pecked his lips. He smiled and helped me to my bed room. We sat in silence for a few seconds before he let out a chuckle and looked up at me.

" I really thought Newt was gonna banish me when Minho told him about us." He said and I leaned my head onto his chest.

" I would've left with you." I said and he wrapped his arms around me. I felt so safe in his arms. Like I was meant to be there. Like I was home.

" I really do love you Kayla." He said and my heart fluttered.

" I know. And I really really love you Thomas, so much." I said and his lips hit mine. It was so passionate I couldn't explain It. He was so gentle like if he touched me I would break into a million pieces. But I'm afraid I'm already broken. I don't know who my family is. Only Newt.

  We pulled away and smiled at each other. This is all I need to stay together.