10. Puzzle

"Hey.. Hey Nialler? Hey!" Harry shook my shoulder in attempt to wake me up.

"Hmmm..." I mumbled.

"Niall.. It's four mate. You've been sleeping for past few hours. Wake up. We have to leave." He tried again.

"Yeah sure. Just a couple more minutes," I asked.

"Niall. What is keeping you up at nights? Whatever it is, has to stop. You sleep at noon cause' you don't get enough sleep at night." Liam interrupted. By now, I had lost my sleep and finally woke up.

"Yeah but we stayed up late last night!" I replied in my defence. I used last night we spent having fun as an excuse to hide the fact that thoughts about Ariana kept me awake. He gave in and they both finally walked out, I followed their actions towards the lounge to have lunch.

"Harry.. Harry.." I whispered, not wanting Liam to hear.

"Hmm? Yup?" He asked, backing away from Liam.

"Can we.. Uh.. Go for a walk after a while? I want to get my mind off of things. And a walk would be good. Just me and you?" I asked, trying my best to not sound awkward.

"Yes...sure..we can?" He replied more as a question, furrowing his eyebrows and giving me a look as if something was up.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Niall.. Is something up?" He asked, looking more concerned, leaning against the doorframe, popping his hands in his pockets.

"It's just... It's really nothing.." I tried to smile it off.

"Niall I know you well enough to know when you're upset about something and lying. Spit it out boy!" He became serious for a second and became cheeky again.

"Yeah! You're right. You know the phone girl? Well her name is Ariana. I don't really tell you boys much about her but she talks to me. Well we talk to each other. And she has been telling me stuff about herself but it's like a puzzle. It's like she's giving me the pieces of the puzzle which don't even fit together! Like I try to put them together but..but they're always missing something. She tells me things but they never make sense to me! And believe me, I want to know what it.. What has left her so alone.. What is 'that night'!" I spoke, very frustrated on the fact that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't put them together.

"Ah! It's about her. You know what? Give her time. Trust is what she's after. She needs to know that she can trust you and then she will tell you. I mean, like you said, she is giving you pieces but she wouldn't give you the base of the puzzle until she knows that she can trust you with it and that you will not break it apart. And for that, you need to wait." I could tell that this left him surprised as well as he spoke something deep.

"Thanks mate! I know I can always count on you all!" I smiled, genuinely. He patted my shoulder and gave me a 'let's go' look.

~~

"Where you boys going?" Liam asked as we reached for the doorknob.

"Oh.. Just for a walk. We'll be back soon." I smiled, opening the door and feeling the warm summer breeze.

"Okey. Fine. Just don't get lost!" Liam chuckled.

"We won't!"

We walked towards our residences' entry gate, throwing our beanies upon our head along with our sunglasses, dressing in disguise.

"It's kinda cold today! Summers are nearly over!" Harry said rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah it is aye?" I replied.