Chapter 12

I fell asleep and remembered having a dream;
I was walking to the library where I was soon to be studying with Nick. I made it inside and he was waiting for me. I sat down. And started flipping the pages to our text book. Every peice of writing that was inside was details of my life. Where and when I was born, what I was allergic to, To how old until I stopped wetting the bed. I looked at Nick with a confused look. He said;
"I made this for you."
And I woke up. I got ready and headed off to my second day in hell. I was walking in the halls. They were crowded with kids half asleep, and the preppies who were wide awake and some how looked amazing. I went straight to my locker and started unlocking it. Out of the corner of my eye, I seen hunter and a couple of his jock buddies come towards me.
" Just ignore them, if they talk to me, ill just look away." My heart was pounding so fast. I grabbed my phone to pretend I was taking a phone call.
"Hello?"
"Hey babe!" Hunter said. He was standing right next to me.
"No I'm not busy. Um, sure just let me close this..." I said holding my phone against my shoulder and shutting my locker with my foot. I carried my things to first hour, and kept talking. I could hear the jerks behind me. Just then, I got a real phone call. Great timing.
"Hello?" I said for real this time.
"Turn around..." I swiveled my feet, and hung up.
"How did you even get my number?" I said to Hunter. I was really mad now.
"Lacey gave it to me. She said you were interested." He raised his eyebrows, as if he was something special.
"I'm not interested Hunter. Leave me alone."
"Cmon, don't be a sour patch kid! Well, I know they go from sour to sweet." he said coming closer.
"Then they are gone." I said.
"You cant just leave...I want you to tell me why you didn't come to my game yesterday." A deeper voice answered for me.
"Leave her alone Hunter. She needs to go and she told you she wasn't interested." Nick was behind him. Oh my god. He looked hot angry. WHAT AM I SAYING?!
"Who the hell do you think you are? Nobody was talking to your sorry ass." Nick walked over to a different jock and grabbed his collarbone. He had a hold of his throat. He lifted him and pinned him against the wall.
"Jesus! Bro put him down!" Hunter said backing up. Nick dropped him. The three of them took off. My mouth opened to say something to him. But all he did was stare at me. He almost smiled. But turned away. And walked down the hallway.