story

"stop it!" michael yells at luke, trying not to cry as luke glares at him. "i wish for one day you would help out instead of just sat there being a depressive shit!"

luke speaks loudly and michael sniffles, unable to speak. "why're you so fucking sad all the time?" luke questions michael aggressively, cracking his knuckles out of stress.

"i want to be a boy." michael cries out desperately before covering his mouth in shock, unable to look his boyfriend in the eye. "what the fuck are you talking about sophia?"

luke scoffs, trying to not believe the words michael just stated. "i'm not sophia! please don't call me sophia, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it!"

michael screams, closing his green eyes and backing against a wall. luke's eyes widen as his face softens, trying to grab a concept of what was happening.

"what... what do you want to be called?" he whispers and michael's eyes open, seeing his boyfriend looking at him. "m-michael." he answers and luke nods slowly.

"this is ridiculous, i'm going out." luke pulls on his coat and stomps out their flat, michael sinking down the wall and tucking his face into his hands.

michael tries to soothe himself with a warm bath, but it makes him disgusted at the sight of his naked body and he has to step out of the bath.

a towel is run over his smooth skin and he stands before the bathroom mirror after taking out his painkillers.

his long, auburn hair haunts his appearance and he pads through to the kitchen in just one of luke's old shirts and opens a drawer.

a sharp noise is heard as he pulls out the scissors from the drawer and retreats to the bathroom with the swinging lightbulb.

a piece of his long, elbow length hair is picked up and snipped to just two inches from his scalp.

michael becomes obsessed with the adrenaline pumping feeling, snipping wildly till it becomes a decent style. well, one that suits him.

with a satisfied smirk and puffy red eyes, he walks through to the bedroom and sees the packet of boxers he bought and hid from luke.

he starts by replacing his flower printed pants with plain white men's briefs.

michael stands in front of the mirror after pulling on the binder he had secretly bought and he smiles, looking like an actual boy.

he takes the binder off and slides on the solid black shirt of luke's, sliding into his bed.

just as he's about to to sleep while gently running his hand through his newly shortened hair. but he thinks of his boyfriend, his straight boyfriend who would never date a boy.

michael eventually drifts to sleep in the empty bed.

around midnight, luke walks into the flat, michael waking up at the same moment the door slams to a close due to his ear sensitivity.

he winces, pretending he's asleep as he hears a body approaching the bedroom before opening the door.

luke takes in the sight of michael's new hair and a pair of white boxers and sighs, pulling down his jeans before walking to the bed and sliding in beside michael.

"you awake?" luke asks quietly to his boyfriend and michael doesn't respond, resulting in a sigh from luke.

michael feels a hand squeeze his arm and lay there, "you might not want to talk to me right now, i wouldn't, but we can make this work, s- michael, i promise, i love you."

luke assures his boyfriend and michael budges backwards into luke's arms, making luke grin and hug his boyfriend tightly.