The Gladers

The spans out around me as the place seems to grow bigger. I want to run but I know there is no where to go. I push the lump in my throat down and and turn around to Newt. "How about that tour." He smiles "sure" I follow him to the middle of the glade.

- 2 hours later -

I slide my plate along the bench as a roll then a spoonful of soup is slopped onto my plate. A few people stare at me as I walk past. Not desperate or lustful stares more confused and untrusting. It makes me feel uncomfortable so I sit down with Minho and Newt. Newt leans over " that's Alby; he's first in command. That's Ben, Tyler, Scott and that's about it." "Cool" it feels nice to get to know them better but before I know it I'm lying in a hammock and drifting off to sleep.

I wake up to a start. "Hey greenie, ready to start training. Well go get ready." Alby stares down at me. I run off in a daze to get some clothes. I lace up my sneakers and brush my hair and jog outside to meet Alby. "So today you'll start helping with frypan. We need an extra cook and then we'll see if your cut out for it." As I walk to the kitchens I see the runners start to get up and walk to the woods. I walk to the kitchen and Frypan is there waiting for me. "So greenie to start off we make food for the runners. Two ham sandwiches each, two pieces of fruit and a slice or muffin also three water bottles." I nod my head and start working while Frypan watches me. The doors open and the runners start to walk in as I hand out their food. Newt walks in "Hey, what are you doing here?" "Oh you know just testing out jobs. What's a dork like you doing being a runner?" He laughed and said "I guess I'm just that cool." "Whatever shuckface" he took his lunch and ran off.