Chapter 3

Flashback:

"Cosette please!" The voice called after me.

I kept running, my legs turning into jello as my feet hit the concrete. My eyes were watery as the sight of my boyfriend Jacob kissing Amiee Herbert. I don't know why I was with him, he disrespected me, abused me. I looked back to see Jacob catching up to me. I hit something hard and I hit the concrete. My head pounded twice as hard as it did before. A hand helped me stand to my feet. I looked up and saw familiar green eyes.

"Harry." I said.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"You're bleeding."

I felt his thumb rub over the existing cut on my head; I flinched and held onto his arms.

"Ow."

"Does that hurt?"

"Yeah."

We heard footsteps behind me; Harry looked up and pulled me closer to him. My stomach had butterflies fluttering, as my heart beat harder in my chest.

"Relax." Harry whispered in my ear.

" I trust you." I whispered back.

"What are you doing?" Jacob asked.

I stayed silent as Jacob's anger became visible with each breath.

" I'm bleeding cause I fell." I said.

"So, you're cheating on me with this wanna-be bad boy?"

"No, but and it's not like you've cheated on me before"

"With who?"

"Amiee Herbert, Selena McGee, and Anna-Beth Johnson."

He looked at me with hurt eyes; my forehead was stinging from the cut.

"Then why are we together?" He asked.

"Because-" I cut myself off.

I looked at the ground with tears in my eyes as my throat became dry.

"I think you should go." Harry said, tightening his grip around my waist.

"Back off, man!" Jacob said grabbing my arm as my heart beat faster than before.

"Jacob! Stop." I said trying to get him to let go.

"Let her go." Harry growled.

"Who's gonna stop me?" Jacob asked.

Harry threw a punch and hit Jacob in the nose. He let go and covered his now bloody nose. I looked at Harry, my hand over my gash and his eyes didn't leave Jacob. Jacob wiped his nose and attacked Harry.

"Stop!" I yelled. Jacob pushed me as he climbed on top of Harry. I almost hit the ground until I felt arms caught my body.

I looked up and saw Niall, looking at me.

Harry had rolled over and punched Jacob continuously. Niall held my waist causing me to stay in my spot with him, unable to stop the fight.

"Niall! Keep her there!" Harry said.

Niall nodded and held me tighter; tears filled my eyes as I saw them hitting each other. They constantly rolled on the ground, as small spots of blood were splattered on the ground around them.

"Harry! Stop!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

End of flashback